Problem with activation of Prospect 4K. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 7th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem with activation of Prospect 4K.

I am (with great thanks) upgrading from Prospect 2K to 4K but have encountered a problem with my activation.

Having proceeded through download and activation without problem, I now have an issue. The email I received with my activation code employs a syscode: C415-xxxx but on attempting to enter the activation code the "Enter Key" registration form reports a Hardware fingerprint of BF9B-xxxx.

On attempting the activate with my user name and activation key I receive "The name/key you entered does not appear to be valid. Please try again."

It is my understanding that "Hardware fingerprint" and "syscode" are one in the same thing and that the syscode identifier is immutable (doesn't change). In the past this computer has always reported a fingerprint of C415-xxxx and did so during the registration process. However now on attempting to active the Hardware fingerprint reads: BF9B-xxxx which is not what I believe to be the fingerprint of this computer nor my laptop nor my former computer. I have no record of that fingerprint. I am assuming the syscode/fingerprint of my computer does not change when I change Cineform products.

Any help here would be so greatly appreciated. I am currently locked out of using Cineform having exhausted a trial version of Prospect 4K previously.

Many thanks, I am exceedingly hopeful and excited about working with Prospect 4K.
David H. Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:36 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Use the new one. System codes can and will change.
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks David, limits of my knowledge...
David H. Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase