Can NeoHD be installed on both Final Cut and Premiere Pro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 20th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Can NeoHD be installed on both Final Cut and Premiere Pro?

Hi, I am just wondering if NeoHD be installed on both Final Cut and Premiere Pro on the same Mac machine?

Thanks,
John
John Palaganas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #2
Sponsor: CineForm

On the Mac, the CineForm codec that comes with NEO HD doesn't install 'into' Final Cut or Premiere per se. It installs as a codec that is available to any application that lets you import files using third party codecs. Both FCP and PPro let you do this. So to answer your question, yes.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks!

Is HDLink available on the Mac? For example I need to do 60i to 24p? slow-mo, etc...
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:58 AM   #4
Major Player

We will be porting the conversion features of HD Link to Mac. I don't have a specific date yet, but we have recently added another resource to our Mac team to accelerate many Mac features. Recently we have been slower to roll out new Mac builds due to having too many project demands placed upon us. But expect a series of new Mac builds that add performance and features, including manyof those in HD Link, over the coming months.

Our first new Mac build in a couple months will likely appear next week. This will be a codec release, not (yet) with new HD Link features, but those will appear over time.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 07:48 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks David, if I upgrade to Neo HD now will I have a free upgrade to the Mac version of HD Link when it comes out?
Old June 23rd, 2008, 09:03 AM   #6
Major Player

John,

Currently Neo HD/4K and Prospect HD/4K also come with a license to our Mac codec. When we have a first release of HD Link conversion SW on Mac we will probably separate the products into Mac versions and Windows versions.

We have not decided on our upgrade strategy, so anything I say following might change, but I imagine Neo HD/4K customers will get an upgrade to the Mac version. We will probably not do this for Prospect HD/4K as those customers are firmly entrenched in Windows/PPro workflows.
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase