Why is NEO HDV capturing 720x576? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 25th, 2008, 07:08 PM   #1
Major Player

Why is NEO HDV capturing 720x576?

Hi everyone - something very strange - when i capture from my Sony V1 into Vegas Pro 8a using Vegas capture I get a 1440x1080 clip as expected. (footage is 1080i)

When I capture SAME clip in Neo HDV I get a 720 x 576 clip !! Aaagh - why should this be happening?

Neo HDV settings are straightforward:
Quality=film scan
Frame format=automatic
keep source aspect ratio=ticked

I notice the Resize video box=PAL 16x9 but i assume this only applies if i UNtick the "Keep aspect ratio" box?

All I want is to do capture 1080i footage! Any help appreciated.
Sherif Choudhry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #2
Wrangler

1. Did you accidentally set the "Resize video" option in NEO HDV? I usually leave it as "None".

2. It maybe the camera settings. Make sure your cam is not in DV mode, or it will downconvert the video to SD. Don't know the exact name for it on the V1, but it's the same thing with the Canon XH A1, I have to make sure it's set to HDV or it automatically downconverts on playback.
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:56 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks!

Michael - how stupid of me - it was the Resize Video - didnt see the "none" option.
Thanks.
Sherif Choudhry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase