Metadata changes in mac issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 19th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #1
New Boot

Metadata changes in mac issue

Hi... i was pleased to see David in the Nab video showing the new metadata app for mac and the new features to change Raw metadata. I trying to make the same with the footage i already have and the new features doesn't work at all with my .avi RAW original footage. I have re-wrapped the .avi to .mov with HD-link and i found the same behavior. Any idea to solve this? Do i need to record the clips with some DVR specific version?

thanks in advance.

sebastian toro
Sebastian Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Sebastian,

A couple comments:

1. We are just a couple days away from a major update to the Active Metadata interface and features for Mac, plus many other updates. This *might* be posted Monday, but otherwise will probably be Tuesday. In addition to adding new features it will fix some bugs in the currentl release.

2. Modifying Active Metadata can only be performed on "newer" CineForm RAW clips. Because "older" clips didn't know about the future Active Metadata feature those clips cannot support Active Metadata. Because many clips were created with the SI-DVR application it's not possible to just look at the date code on the file to see when it was created. How did you create your clips?

David.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #3
New Boot

I work in two featured films with the SI-2k here in Bs As. i have several clips from this productions to test the workflow for next works. I have a prospect2k recently upgraded to 4k running through bootcamp. Recently I use HD-Link for re-wrapping to .mov I do this because i was enlighted about the 8 bit limitation to on-line .avi files in MAC. is this correct for all the cases?

the last version of DVR we use was 571 i think.

thanks again

sebastian
Sebastian Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The new release will fix your metadata issues. They is a way to make it work like you saw in the NAB presentations, but that become unnecessary in a few days.

The 8-bit limitations for AVIs on the Mac, is a Mac/QuickTime design flaw. Not an issue on the PC where either AVI or MOV can support greater than 8-bit.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase