DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   forgot to deactivate aspectHD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/126307-forgot-deactivate-aspecthd.html)

Rob Willemse July 20th, 2008 05:22 AM

forgot to deactivate aspectHD

Hi,

I installed some new hardware on my system so I reinstalled windows
but did not now that i should have deinstalled aspect HD first. What can i do to
get an activation again?

Best regards,

Rob Willemse

Pete Bauer July 20th, 2008 08:39 AM

File a trouble ticket with Cineform at their web site and they'll help you Monday.

Richard Leadbetter July 20th, 2008 10:28 AM

So long as nothing major has changed (ie Windows serial, motherboard etc) there's a good chance your existing activation code will work.

David Newman July 20th, 2008 10:33 AM

Also Aspect HD has a spare activation to automatically handle these situations, just activate it like it was the first time you installed.

Rob Willemse July 22nd, 2008 07:53 AM

It doesnt seem to work.

When i try to activate is says that my activation key is invalid.
Also my system code number is different then the last time I activated Apsect HD.
Maybe is has something to do with servicepack 1 for vista?
This is the first time I installed SP1.

Rob

David Taylor July 22nd, 2008 08:52 AM

Rob, please send a note to support at cineform dot com. This is a very specific idiosyncrasy you're having that the community can't help you with directly.

Jake Segraves July 22nd, 2008 09:00 AM

Activation problems are usually the result of one of the following:

1) the wrong product is installed - for example you have a NEO HDV license, but you installed NEO HD.

2) the system code (hardware fingerprint) changed from the time you submitted the registration form to the time you entered the info into the activation window.

3) there were two hardware fingerprints in the activation window - an (std) and an (enh). In this case, ALWAYS use the (enh) code.

3) the information was not entered into the activation correctly (usually the NAME is one that gets done wrong). It needs to appear EXACTLY the way it did on the form.

If these guidelines don't help, the BEST way to get it resolved is to send a screen capture of the activation window (with the system code displayed clearly). With that we can see exacxtly what is going wrong and provide a solution.

That said, Rob, please send a screenshot of the activation window to me at support, and with that I'll get you squared away.

Rob Willemse July 22nd, 2008 10:36 AM

I checked all of your steps written above.
But it still doesnt seem to work. I also send in a ticket with the screenshot of the activation window
(with the systemcode).

Like I said, it seems that my system code has changed. Does it have something
to do with service pack 1 from vista? On the previous install i did not have SP1.

David Taylor July 22nd, 2008 10:49 AM

Rob, please, take it to email with support. We won't reply to this any longer on the forum.