v3.4 for Prospect HD/4K and NEO HD/4K now up. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #1
CTO, CineForm Inc.

v3.4 for Prospect HD/4K and NEO HD/4K now up.

While most of the features focus on Active Metadata, best accessed thru Prospect 4K and the Mac version of NEO 4K, all our professional tools got an significant upgrade. Free upgrade to registered uses of 3.x products.

P.S. If you have installed any beta verison, please update to this latest release.
Old July 26th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #2
Major Player

David, I just updated to the newest 3.2 Prospect 4K from the beta. I'm getting a strange behavior in the Program monitor window:

When in pause, the image flips upside down, duplicates into two side-by-side images on the top half and reverses color! When playing back, it's normal.

I have dual Matrox cards on this particular Intel quad workstation (one Parhelia APVe and one P690 PCIe x1) and have changed nothing.

Were any changes made that could have affected the display output?

I plan to rollback to an earlier version or beta to check and see if the behavior stops, so will let you know if it does.
Old July 26th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #3
Major Player

The rollback to the last beta fixed the prob, so something is different in that last release.
Old July 26th, 2008, 12:10 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

In furture we will need these kind of details: What source footage, size and format? Is active metadata a factor? Used on this clip or not? Is it only wrong while scrubbing or in playback or both? 8-bit or 32-bit preview, full res or half res preview?

Fortunately for you I just went though all the combinations. Is is a 32-bit float failure on half-res scrubbing on 422 only - weird. Easy to bypass, turn fast scrubbing off. It will not impact any outputs, on timeline scrubbing in that one mode. It also fixed with active metadata on.

Beta users! Why didn't you find this one? Now I have more work for the weekend. :(
Old July 26th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
In furture we will need these kind of details: What source footage, size and format? Is active metadata a factor? Used on this clip or not? Is it only wrong while scrubbing or in playback or both? 8-bit or 32-bit preview, full res or half res preview?

Fortunately for you I just went though all the combinations. Is is a 32-bit float failure on half-res scrubbing on 422 only - weird. Easy to bypass, turn fast scrubbing off. It will not impact any outputs, on timeline scrubbing in that one mode. It also fixed with active metadata on.

Beta users! Why didn't you find this one? Now I have more work for the weekend. :(
Your quick workaround....worked! Beta users wouldn't have found it as it didn't happen with the beta. I had the very last beta you put up and it didn't do it when I loaded it. So, hopefully you'll discover what caused it easily.

I would have given you more info, but figured I'd wait to see if you were around first. I did try various setting changes and with other material.

Source material is V1 CFed from tape to 1920x1080p. Tried metadata on and off. Not used on these clips. Scrubbing turned the preview window black, and pause did what I said previously. Playback was normal. Full and half res playback showed the same behaviour.
Old July 26th, 2008, 12:55 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That was easy. Here is the patch (before we do a complete new build)

http://www.miscdata.com/cineform/im-...ile_Import.zip

Install over the same component in
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

and

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\plug-ins\CS3\MediaCore
Old July 26th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #7
Major Player

The patch worked fine in all configs. 8bit, 32bit, and with scrub set to 1/2 or full res.

Thanks! Now, if everything was just that easy....
Old July 28th, 2008, 12:51 PM   #8
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The current release (now 3.4.0 build 174) includes this fix as standard.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase