Deinterlace 60i Cineform file in MPC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 1st, 2008, 05:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Deinterlace 60i Cineform file in MPC

I have really spent a lot of time researching but haven't been able to solve this one. For non-Cineform M2T files, I use VLC Player mainly because of the fantastic BOB deinterlace playback.

For Cineform converted files, I use Media Player Classic (VLC doesn't play them even when choosing Directx output option).

So for my 24P Cineform files, MPC is just fine -- but I wish I could deinterlace (BOB if possible) the Cineform 60i. Does anyone know how to do this?

Also, I think it would be interesting to hear what folk's playback workflows and tips are. This is not as easy as it sounds. For example, I needed to fiddle with the playback settings for MPC to make it not choppy (i.e. In Output pref, choose System Default for Directx playback).

Mike
Michael DAmbrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 07:12 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm not sure this will help, but I've got an Elecard DVD player installed, and it has an option to Deinterlace with several choices and it plays clips I downloaded with HDVsplit. Playing these with Windows Media player or Power DVD had clear cut motion artifacts, which were not there playing with Elecard and the deintrlacing turned on (not the defaulr).

I think it was $50, but probably a free test period is available.
I would be interested to know if this works for you.
John Rich
John Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 08:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Appreciate that response John. I am running Vista SP1 (and now having luck) and the Elecard DVD Player seems to not be available for Vista yet. But Elecard MPEG Player is available.

Mike
Michael DAmbrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 08:41 AM   #4
Major Player

here is an article on de-interlacing including what you want, its quite a challenge, I have tried it, produces huge files.

http://www.100fps.com/
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2008, 09:16 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Nice article. I wasn't looking to decode, rather to just playback the existing Cineform file and deinterlace on the fly for quick viewing (like I do with the M2T).

Actually, this may not be a real issue because if I really need progressive, I would shoot it that way, I guess.

The reason I liked VLC with the BOB deinterlace on the fly was to quickly evaluate footage.

Maybe I will just use the M2T to evaluate and then convert to Cineform and edit. Maybe I just talked myself out if the need to deinterlace Cineform 60i on the fly.

Mike
Michael DAmbrose is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase