DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   strange NEO 4K to Prospect HD probs (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/127138-strange-neo-4k-prospect-hd-probs.html)

Stephen Armour August 1st, 2008 08:42 AM

strange NEO 4K to Prospect HD probs

We just switched from NEO 4K on one workstation, to Prospect HD to dual-purpose it for both AE and PP3.

Though we uninstalled the NEO 4K first, the Cineform menu is now showing both NEO and Prospect and we are having some strange probs with playback in the timeline. Some of the clips just refuse to play when stacked. The timeline will play the clip up to the point where the next clip is layered above and stop. It scrubs normally.

The only clips with this problem seem to be ones we very recently rendered from AE using NEO 4K. (These had audio with them just for help with alignment).

It doesn't seem to matter if we change ANY settings on anything, either Premiere or with the nVidia card on that machine (Prospect 4K one has Parhelia). Fast, slow, 16bit color/32bit, memory, etc. etc., it still won't play into the second clip.

With Prospect 4K on another workstation, the same clips play just fine, no probs. And if we use clips from earlier AE renders, they also play just fine.

Two questions:

1. Is it normal to have both the NEO and Prospect folders still showing on that machine? (ie: could this be some codec conflict from of the former NEO installation?)

2. Is the recent NEO 4K output somehow different from earlier (NEO 4K version) material we rendered?

David Newman August 1st, 2008 08:59 AM

This is not a forum question. I doubt there is a conflict (I constantly mix versions.) So something is not installed correct on the second PC, contact support.

Stephen Armour August 1st, 2008 10:47 AM

Cleaned it all up, but after reinstall it's still there. I'll contact support.

Stephen Armour August 2nd, 2008 11:24 AM

David, do you have a link to any exe that will clean out all CF reg entries and traces of a faulty install?

(yes, I filed a ticket...no, I haven't heard. Just needing to get some work done)

David Newman August 2nd, 2008 11:50 AM

No, but try manually registering (using regsvr32.exe) MotionTransparency.dll and GraphicsOverlay.dll, located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\CineForm -- if the register components script (in tools) doesn't do the trick.

Stephen Armour August 2nd, 2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 915602)
No, but try manually registering (using regsvr32.exe) MotionTransparency.dll and GraphicsOverlay.dll, located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\CineForm -- if the register components script (in tools) doesn't do the trick.

David, the register components script (in tools) doesn't run any script. It pops up the cmd window but just sits there blinking. I tried it with a Prospect 4K workstation and it ran normally.

Suggestions? I'll try the manual register after I hear from you again.

Stephen Armour August 2nd, 2008 01:44 PM

I opened the script and it's pointing at the c: drive, so didn't catch the d: installation of this CF Prospect HD. I modified it and will try to run it again after my AE guru's render on that machine finishes.

(addition: the script doesn't run on a x64 machine without modification for that operating system, as it points to the wrong (32bit) cscript.exe executable. For x64, it needs to call out the cmd.exe from \SysWoW64\ see: http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-...t-x64-windows/ for more info :)

Stephen Armour August 3rd, 2008 10:34 AM

Some possibilities for these probs are appearing now. We found a few clips from a batch capture set done with a beta version of NEO 4K that seem to be causing the probs, seemingly even after being output from AE!

All have the following message when loaded into VirtualDub:

"Stream 0 (video) has a non-sero start position of 1200 samples (+40040 ms). VirtualDub does not currently support a non-zero start time and the stream will be interpreted as starting from zero."

We'll have to recapture and reprocess the whole batch unless someone has some other solution.

Any light from you more knowledgeable gurus?