Audio stuttering and pops on PPro Timeline - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 14th, 2008, 05:59 AM   #16
Major Player

I think it's a system board / sound card drive issue, or at least hardware related. I had a case open with cineform for at least 6 weeks and give them thier due, they really tried to resolve it for me. I think it must be limited to people with certain hardware specs. Perhaps cineform will address and fix in future updates if many people are having the same issue.
Use the 3rd party ASIO driver it seems to work fine.
Rich Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 09:23 AM   #17
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Perry View Post
I think it's a system board / sound card drive issue, or at least hardware related. I had a case open with cineform for at least 6 weeks and give them thier due, they really tried to resolve it for me. I think it must be limited to people with certain hardware specs. Perhaps cineform will address and fix in future updates if many people are having the same issue.
Use the 3rd party ASIO driver it seems to work fine.
Same problem, but ASIO4ALL and any other number of sound options didn't fix the problem. Pretty frustrated by this one.
Adrian Bordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 01:14 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Problem solved!

The newest update to Aspect (5.4.5.129)seems to have have solved the sound problem. Anyone else with quad-core and a similar problem should definitely update. Thank to everyone who tried to help.

Bil Engeler
Bill Engeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Any more insight into this issue?

I am having the exact same issue describe as the previous posters, but on a different system. I'm editing on a Sony Vaio VGN-FW390 Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 2.66GHz With 6GB of RAM on windows vista home premium 64bit. I have an even newer version of Aspect HD, version 5.4.6.131. Project settings are 1440 x 1080 23.976. All files are on an external RAID connected through eSATA.

I had this problem on an earlier project that started out without any problem, but as time went on the audio situation degraded. Now on my current project it has degraded to a point where even the video stalls and jumps on the timeline, and the audio has become a mangled mess. Playback is smooth for about 15 seconds, then everything falls apart. The issue is getting worse as time goes on.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as it has gotten to a point where I cannot edit this project.

-Ben
Benjamin Richardson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase