DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   look file not loading correctly (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/128831-look-file-not-loading-correctly.html)

Lior Molcho August 27th, 2008 10:44 AM

look file not loading correctly

Hi

a client of mine is trying to edit and composite footage shot with SI2k (shot CFRaw) but:

1. look. file keeps jittering, in wmp, afx,premiere. when disabling look. in premiere playback is fine
2. in Afx, the "more option" tab is grayed out (cant turn off/on metadata)

shot using CFR 2k 3.0
Installed on the client's computer P4k 3.3 (trial version)
already "registred the look" by double clicking on it
any ideas?

Thanks
Lior

David Newman August 27th, 2008 01:27 PM

1. What does jittering mean?

2. CS3 disabled that control for anyone (sad.)

Lior Molcho August 27th, 2008 02:33 PM

the file is flashing upon playback, one frame shows the image with the look file and the other shows the raw image only, on and on...

thanks

David Newman August 27th, 2008 03:52 PM

Can you provide a sample clip to support?

Lior Molcho August 27th, 2008 05:54 PM

you mean submit a ticket and upload?

Bob Hart August 27th, 2008 11:49 PM

Lior.

This may be a silly question but what project preferences were selected in CS3? DO they match the format you selected to shoot the vision on in the SI2K?

The clip behaviour you describe seems more like what happens if an effect is applied and playback is attempted without rendering a preview. - in pause colours are normal, in motion colours are not normal. Is there a red "X' showing in the top left-hand corner of your monitor during motion playback?

I don't know enough about this system yet but my suspicion is that the project preferences mat not be matching the camera selection.

Therefore Premiere may not be able to playback the look if the export is going to end up rescaled because of mismatched project settings because this might require a preview render in order to be seen correctly. There is obviously more to it than this but it might be a direction you can investigate.

Please ignore my suggestions as there are better brains than mine on this topic.

Lior Molcho August 28th, 2008 04:44 AM

Thanks for the ideas bob,
I asked my client to take over from here for now, since :

a. he has the files , i dont have them anymore (top secret project)
b. i only use aftereffects 7.0 and premierepro 2.0 ( i dont like updating unless i have to exactly because of stuff like this)

mind you, the problem persists in Afx where there are no project prefrences issues, and..when disabling the look in premiere ,file plays back normally so i assume that the project is set up correctly, and the look file is the problem

thanks for the try!

Lior