How to force preview display? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 28th, 2008, 10:51 PM   #1
New Boot

How to force preview display?

With Aspect HD, I noticed that it will disable all of the applied effect on a clip when I preview, displaying only a red X on the top left corner. Usually this is fine, as it allows the video to be played in real time. But there are times when this is a real problem, such as when I have to splice in non-Cineform sources or previewing a credit roll sequence (both of which I am doing now). In both situation, Cineform refused to display the materials at all, only showing me a black screen with the red X on top. This is a big problem as I am unable to tell the pacing of the video, forcing me to render it out over and over to check the timing.

Is there a way to force Cineform to display this in the preview window?
Huy Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #2
Major Player

Huy, are you sure you loaded a CineForm preset when you launched PPro? If you did not, then you'll see the Red X on preview with effects. If you did load a CineForm preset then you may have some components not properly registered. To test this run the "Register Components" script in the CineForm --> Tools folder under Start Menu. Run the latter when PPro is NOT running.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #3
New Boot

Hi David, it's definitely a Cineform preset for sure. I've ran the script like you said but I don't understand the result, here's a screencap.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Component.jpg
Old August 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #4
Major Player

The window you show is simply a list of the CineForm components being reinstalled, which is the function of the script I had you run.

Did the operation in PPro change?
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 04:16 AM   #5
New Boot

Sorry David, it still doesn't work. Cineform support suggests that I press ctr + spacebar for preview but this doesn't do anything either.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:36 AM   #6
Sponsor: CineForm

Pressing ctrl + spacebar should let you play the timeline with all the effects applied. It will play it at a lower framefrate, but you should still see the effects. Are you saying that it is not doing that? If that is the case, please continue to dialog with me through support, and tell me which effects specifically are not playing correctly in this 'preview playback' mode.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:37 PM   #7
New Boot

Hi Jake, pressing ctr + spacebar does nothing. It will not start the preview at all. Pressing spacebar alone works but then it just shows me the X. Generally, every single applied effect will cause an X, including rotation, opacity and motion keyframes. I'm also seeing problems with Cineform dissolves not previewing in real time. In this case I'm simply trying to preview a scrolling credit sequence credited using the Titler.

Should I start another Support ticket? I'm wary as Support tends to take a while to get to me. I had an activation problem a week ago and submitted a ticket, but it's still listed as "Open" (I've resolved it). Took several weeks to get responses the last few times as well.
Huy Vu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase