cineform on mac at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 29th, 2008, 05:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

cineform on mac

hi

a little confused with all the updates and version.i own a license for p4k.
whats the suggested workflow on mac using FCP?
what to download (can u post a direct link?)
registration?how to?(already registered in bootcamp)
setting in FCP?(2k shot on SI)

Thanks
Lior
Lior Molcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Molcho View Post
1. whats the suggested workflow on mac using FCP?
2. what to download (can u post a direct link?)
3.registration?how to?(already registered in bootcamp)
4. setting in FCP?(2k shot on SI)
Lior
Lior, you need to do a little digging yourself. - all of this information is available:

#1 and #4. Read our Tech Notes - there are many published on using FCP and RAW workflows: https://www.cineform.com/products/Te.../TechNotes.htm

#2. Download the Mac Codec (soon to be renamed Neo 4K-Mac) from our downloads page: https://www.cineform.com/products/Do.../Downloads.htm

#3. With your Mac S/N go to Register and Activate Your CineForm Product and follow the instructions.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 02:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=David Taylor;927035]Lior, you need to do a little digging yourself. - all of this information is available:

Hi David

information is great, and maybe its just me but i find it really hard finding stuff in the website, especially with all the beta releases, one can never know if things are updated, and..simply directing to a downloads page that has 12 options (why so many products?), some containing mac codec, some not, some will in the future... isnt making things any easier to navigate.
i just asked for directions, in a busy web site..
end of rant :)

anyway..
#2. Download the Mac Codec (soon to be renamed Neo 4K-Mac) from our downloads page: https://www.cineform.com/products/Do.../Downloads.htm

the download isnt working (at least for me) for the last 2 days.tried countless times, each time i get the next page telling me to wait for the mail. its not in the spam folder, tried two different mail accounts..

thanks
Lior
Old August 31st, 2008, 03:19 AM   #4
Major Player

Cineform has GREAT products and INCREDIBLE mess of a website. I have never seen a corporate site like it.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:16 AM   #5
Tourist

It took me a long while to figure out how to use the MAC codec in FCP. Cineform's products are great but the web is a mess and product info is confusing and convoluted.
Long Chay Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:36 AM   #6
Regular Crew

hey guys, i didnt mean this to become a rant thread, just need some help

what about it david? any chance i can get a working link to the mac download?
is anybody else having this problem?i tried mozilla, explorer, gmail, local internet mailbox..no dice, not getting any love from cineform :)

Lior
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:01 AM   #7
Major Player

Lior, thanks for letting us know about the email problem with the downloads. Unfortunately a portion of our hosted email provider has gone down which has caused (is causing) the problem. It doesn't appear the requests since Saturday are going to be recoverable. I'm not sure when it will be back up, but any submitted requests that don't get a response will have to be resubmitted.

Regarding the website, we have begun the design effort for a brand new site. It'll be a little while before it is launched, but it is in progress.
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:02 AM   #8
Major Player

Here's a direct link to the Mac download that bypasses the email server:
http://02bb6aa.netsolhost.com/downlo...-15D080813.zip
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:03 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks david

Installed, not trying to register right now if you say servers are down, but one thing,
files are read at half rez, and the active metadata app works only on one of the macs
(CS3 for Afx ) and FCP both read half rez

found a post about maybe having something to do with old SI files (august 07).could that be it?(hopefully not since there are literally hundreds of them)

Thanks again!
Lior
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:35 PM   #10
Major Player

Lior,

If your files appear to MacOS as being half res such as 1024 x 576 if you shot 2K, then the files are older and need to have their headers updated. Updated headers will then properly show full resolution to MacOS. Silicon Imaging hosts the header update utility on this page: Silicon Imaging. The download has instructions for using it.

If you use CineForm AVI files on Mac they will be interpreted as 8-bit precision even though their underlying precision is 10 bits. To get 10-bit precision on Mac you need to rewrap the AVI files to MOV files which you can do using CineForm's HD Link software on Windows. (We have a Tech Note that describes how to do this). The AVI-to-MOV rewrap should be performed AFTER the header update.
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:41 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Thank you for the quick reply,
better get to fixing the headers then...

Lior
Lior Molcho is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase