DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Activation after hard disk failure (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/129181-activation-after-hard-disk-failure.html)

Stathis Athanasiou September 2nd, 2008 12:41 AM

Activation after hard disk failure

I have been using NEO HDV on my qosmio laptop and have had a system hard disk failure. I replaced my hard drive and reinstalled the OS. Now I get a different system code and haven't deactivated my key, because all was lost on the old system drive. Please tell me how to activate my NEOHDV now.

PS. I also have a ticket at the cineform support page (#611-6644357) with the same question, but still have no answer.

David Taylor September 2nd, 2008 07:08 AM

Stathis, Neo HDV comes with a second activation for situations like this. If you haven't used the second activation yet simply go to Register and Activate Your CineForm Product and follow the instructions to get your new activation code.

If you've already used the second activation you'll get an email response telling you so. In that case, let us know offline (it's not really a forum issue) and we'll get you operational again.

Stathis Athanasiou September 2nd, 2008 08:24 AM

Hello David,
yes I can understand this is not a forum issue but I had no response from the support page, and time is really running out on me now.
I did what you said and it is activated now.
Thanks,

Stathis

Ira Ostrowski September 4th, 2008 12:41 PM

Second Activation Code

Hello, I'm experiencing the exact same problem...running out of time and no answer from the support at Cineform. I followed the same instructions but I keep getting only one activation key which was the original activation key. How again can I get the second key? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ira

Stathis Athanasiou September 4th, 2008 12:51 PM

Hello Ira,
at the begginign I thought there would be a second activation code somewhere at the first email I received when I bought NEO. But all I did was to go to the link above at David's post and fill in the information once again. Then I got the new system code in 3-4 minutes.

David Taylor September 4th, 2008 02:55 PM

Ira's situation is slightly different. Ira, I have sent you a PM. Please reply off-board to my PM.

Ira Ostrowski September 4th, 2008 05:38 PM

Thanks Dave and Stathis,

Dave, per your request I sent you an email. Just to be informative, my problem was that I had Cineform HD up and running and basically my system crashed. I reinstalled Windows XP and therefore all programs were erased including Cineform HD of course. No way to deactivate the software from the trial version. So now what's happening is, when I go to re-register I keep getting the old or original activation key. Dave I have no idea why I have a Mac key and a Windows key. I don't own a Mac but it's possible there's an error on my part when I originally registered? Not sure but I definitely need a new activation key. If you could let me know when and how I can get it I would be very grateful. I realize the forum isn't the place to resolve this but like Stathis said " I'm running out of time" and frankly ready for this to be resolved. I only need one activation for one computer. Peace.

Ira