Activation after hard disk failure at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 2nd, 2008, 12:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Activation after hard disk failure

I have been using NEO HDV on my qosmio laptop and have had a system hard disk failure. I replaced my hard drive and reinstalled the OS. Now I get a different system code and haven't deactivated my key, because all was lost on the old system drive. Please tell me how to activate my NEOHDV now.

PS. I also have a ticket at the cineform support page (#611-6644357) with the same question, but still have no answer.
Stathis Athanasiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 07:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Stathis, Neo HDV comes with a second activation for situations like this. If you haven't used the second activation yet simply go to Register and Activate Your CineForm Product and follow the instructions to get your new activation code.

If you've already used the second activation you'll get an email response telling you so. In that case, let us know offline (it's not really a forum issue) and we'll get you operational again.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello David,
yes I can understand this is not a forum issue but I had no response from the support page, and time is really running out on me now.
I did what you said and it is activated now.
Thanks,

Stathis
Old September 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #4
New Boot

Second Activation Code

Hello, I'm experiencing the exact same problem...running out of time and no answer from the support at Cineform. I followed the same instructions but I keep getting only one activation key which was the original activation key. How again can I get the second key? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ira
Ira Ostrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hello Ira,
at the begginign I thought there would be a second activation code somewhere at the first email I received when I bought NEO. But all I did was to go to the link above at David's post and fill in the information once again. Then I got the new system code in 3-4 minutes.
Old September 4th, 2008, 02:55 PM   #6
Major Player

Ira's situation is slightly different. Ira, I have sent you a PM. Please reply off-board to my PM.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #7
New Boot

Thanks Dave and Stathis,

Dave, per your request I sent you an email. Just to be informative, my problem was that I had Cineform HD up and running and basically my system crashed. I reinstalled Windows XP and therefore all programs were erased including Cineform HD of course. No way to deactivate the software from the trial version. So now what's happening is, when I go to re-register I keep getting the old or original activation key. Dave I have no idea why I have a Mac key and a Windows key. I don't own a Mac but it's possible there's an error on my part when I originally registered? Not sure but I definitely need a new activation key. If you could let me know when and how I can get it I would be very grateful. I realize the forum isn't the place to resolve this but like Stathis said " I'm running out of time" and frankly ready for this to be resolved. I only need one activation for one computer. Peace.

Ira
Ira Ostrowski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase