DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Sony Vegas + Adobe After Effects = NEO/Prospect/Aspect? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/129308-sony-vegas-adobe-after-effects-neo-prospect-aspect.html)

Adi Head September 3rd, 2008 07:15 PM

Sony Vegas + Adobe After Effects = NEO/Prospect/Aspect?

Hi. I edit with Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects on a PC. Which version of Cineform is right for me? Their website says that Cineform Prospect/Aspect are for CS3 software (which would include After Effects, I gather) while Cineform NEO should be used with the other NLE platforms such as Vegas.

So will NEO work with Vegas AND After Effects.

Also, I'd like to know if Cineform Prospect or Aspect will work with Vegas, or are these versions only for Adobe Premiere

Thanks!

David Newman September 3rd, 2008 08:18 PM

NEO is for all tools, Aspect/Prospect adds extras for Premiere Pro. You should be looking at NEO which work well with Vegas and After Effects.

Adi Head September 4th, 2008 09:36 AM

okay thanks.

but just to understand the basics.... in theory, i could work also with Vegas and Cineform Prospect or Aspect with the same results?

And one more question more or less on the same note... can I use Vegas to edit material that was captured with Premiere using Prospect/Aspect?

I know these are probably dumb questions, sorry.

and thanks.

David Newman September 4th, 2008 09:42 AM

All our tools are completely compatible. Aspect and Prospect will work with Vegas, but to no advantage over NEO. Only Premiere Pro benefits from the extra features of Aspect/Prospect.

Adi Head September 4th, 2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 929216)
All our tools are completely compatible. Aspect and Prospect will work with Vegas, but to no advantage over NEO. Only Premiere Pro benefits from the extra features of Aspect/Prospect.

thanks for making that clear for me. :-)

Anthony Smith September 4th, 2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 929216)

"Only Premiere Pro benefits from the extra features"

what extra features?

David Newman September 4th, 2008 07:00 PM

If you don't have Premiere you aren't going to benefit. If you are thinking of using Premiere, read up on Prospect HD over on our web site.

Ray Bell September 5th, 2008 11:09 AM

David as a user of Premier and Vegas.... I know how to install Prospect 4k for use in Premier... how do I install Prospect 4k for use in Vegas... ( I know I wont get the extras
in Vegas)

And will the two programs support each other with the Cineform AVI format??

as in, can I import AVI material into Vegas from Premier and the other way around??

Thanks

David Newman September 5th, 2008 11:16 AM

Just install P4K, is works for every VFW, DirectShow and Quicktime enabled tool -- including Vegas.