64 bit Cineform 3.x - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 11th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence Kingston View Post
Just checking to see if I was the only person having problems with Cineform and Vista 64. I see that I am not. Any word on what is being done to fix this?

What problems are you having? This thread was started for discussing whether there would be 64 bit versions of the Cineform codecs, now that Vegas Pro has a 64 bit version. I've used versions of Cineform on Windows XP x64 and Vista x64 without any problems, but that is probably a function of my hardware and software configuration. And when I say "hardware", that also includes any camcorder that I am using.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #17

Cineform needs a break. Sony has a history of outright misleading statements made to me during questions I submitted to Sony Customer Support. Sony would rather lie to customers than admit they aren't going to do anything about their problems. Cineform is caught in the middle, between customers and a disreputable vendor. I never thought I'd say that about my once loved Vegas, but, times have changed.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bloomfield View Post
What problems are you having? This thread was started for discussing whether there would be 64 bit versions of the Cineform codecs, now that Vegas Pro has a 64 bit version. I've used versions of Cineform on Windows XP x64 and Vista x64 without any problems, but that is probably a function of my hardware and software configuration. And when I say "hardware", that also includes any camcorder that I am using.
OK, to clarify:

Cineform works great with the latest 32 bit version of Vegas and Vista 64.

Where it doesn't work is when I try to use the new 64 bit version, Vegas 8.1.

If I drag a Cineform clip to a Vegas 8.1 timeline, all I get is the audio.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Vegas is not supporting the 32-bit interface to the Video for Windows (VfW) CineForm codec they used in the past. I believe this is something Sony can address. Going forward we want to bypass VfW for better Vegas-64 support.
Old October 14th, 2008, 08:41 AM   #20
Major Player

Can you do that? If you bypass VWF, will that mean you would be able to use the tighter compression of directshow and some hardware acceleration of your codec with Vegas?
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2008, 08:49 AM   #21
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We here there is a new file I/O SDk for the upcoming version 9.0, it will not be for acceleration (although it should be faster) but primarily allowing for deep pixel formats in and out of CineForm (VfW is only 8-bit.)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase