DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Cs4 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/134280-cs4.html)

Richard Eary September 23rd, 2008 04:00 PM

Cs4

Has any testing been done with Prospect and CS4? Prospect stable with Vista 64?

David Newman September 23rd, 2008 10:10 PM

Prospect HD 3.x is not CS4 compatible. We will be releasing PHD 4 to CS4 a short while after CS4 hits the streets.

Brian Parker September 24th, 2008 04:00 AM

Will there be a grace period for people who have just bought the current codec? (ie. people who bought the codec in the last 8 weeks get a free upgrade to the new version, or something like that)

David Newman September 24th, 2008 08:51 AM

Yes, we normal have around a 90-day peroid for free upgrade with major version changes. If think anything purchased now when be covered, not sure about 8 week ago, but we won't know until the 4.0 release date is final. We have stated that Prospect 4K is getting a free upgrade.

Adam Gold September 24th, 2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 942044)
Prospect HD 3.x is not CS4 compatible.

The same is true for Aspect HD?

David Newman September 24th, 2008 01:30 PM

Yes, CS4 requires new versions of all our product line up.

Tom Wardrop September 26th, 2008 02:49 AM

I plan on upgrading to CS4 as soon as it's released to begin a project shortly after (probably a week max). Even if you guys haven't released an official update for Aspect HD (with support for Premiere Pro CS4), I should still be able to edit just using the codec, just without any of the effects or real-time playback support, even though it will probably playback in real-time anyway.

Is this most likely correct?

David Newman September 26th, 2008 08:54 AM

No that is not the case, CS4 is different enough to break decoding support (that supprized us to.) We hope to release patches for that before the offer new releases of our software, however it will be risking for you to upgrade to CS4 before we have confirmed decoding support.

Dave Campbell September 26th, 2008 01:17 PM

David, do you think it is smart for anyone to jump right into CS4 with a production project?
Based on how CS3 came out, and the length of time to fix some bugs, I know I will sit back for a while and let others find the issues. CS3 is working smoothly, and I have no desire to go back with a new program and have issues.

Dave

David Newman September 26th, 2008 01:46 PM

I would stay with CS3 until all the tools you need are supported.

Tom Wardrop September 29th, 2008 03:53 PM

The reason I'm so eager to upgrade is due to a few little issues I have with Premiere Pro CS3, I'm hoping CS4 will get rid of all if not most of these issues. It would be great if Aspect HD 6 was released within the first week CS4 is released. Is that a possibility at all?

David Taylor September 29th, 2008 05:41 PM

Tom, it's not a possibility at all. Our understanding from Adobe is that the third-party version of CS4 - that includes hooks for the SDK - won't be available until about a month after CS4 begins shipping. We have the CS4 SDK today, but Adobe won't be shipping the hooks in the commercial version for us to attach into until after the general release of CS4. That puts it in late November at the earliest, and I suspect we won't have support that soon. Obviously supporting CS4 is a high priority, but we don't have definitive data from Adobe yet to have confidence in announcing a ship date.

Roger Wilson October 21st, 2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Taylor (Post 944767)
We have the CS4 SDK today, but Adobe won't be shipping the hooks in the commercial version for us to attach into until after the general release of CS4. That puts it in late November at the earliest, and I suspect we won't have support that soon.

David, thanks for the great information and transparency!