AspectHD: No sound in PPro CS3 but mediaplayer its fine ! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 8th, 2008, 06:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

AspectHD: No sound in PPro CS3 but mediaplayer its fine !

I've just converted a whole load of M2TS files (which has now expanded to 82Gb from about 10Gb!), and whilst that took some time, I checked in media player that the sound worked.
It does, no problem.

So I started up PProCS3, loaded up just a small clip with the correct preset (1440x1080 pal), the clip plays back nice and smoothly, but the audio is now mono, and I can't actually see a waveform in the timeline. More importantly, I cant hear ANYTHING !.

Seems very odd to me.
Rob O'Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 11:25 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You need a different audio filter to decode your M2TS files. Try AC3Filter from here Free-Codecs.com :: Download AC3 Filter 1.51a : AC3 Filter is a DirectShow filter for AC3 decoding, and reconvert you source. Like the AVI doesn't have stereo PCM audio in it as the correct decoder wasn't installed.
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
You need a different audio filter to decode your M2TS files. Try AC3Filter from here Free-Codecs.com :: Download AC3 Filter 1.51a : AC3 Filter is a DirectShow filter for AC3 decoding, and reconvert you source. Like the AVI doesn't have stereo PCM audio in it as the correct decoder wasn't installed.
Thanks David.
Guess thats good and bad news rolled into one !
Encoding time again !!!
Rob O'Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Ah, actually after installing that, I also thought I'd checkout what Audio Hardware premiere was using.... It was using my BMI 'Decklink' instead of my Emu card !
Doesn't seem like I need to convert it again, I exported the audio into my audio app, and its still stereo...
heh
(further inspection - ie: using my eyes, it says 5.1 in premiere)

er, dont understand but thats ok with me as it saves 24 hours of encoding !
Rob O'Day is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase