DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   New CineForm Releases (v3.4.5) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/137545-new-cineform-releases-v3-4-5-a.html)

David Newman November 10th, 2008 09:11 PM

New CineForm Releases (v3.4.5)

Every PC product has been updated (Mac updates also in the works.) These updates are worth while for everyone, but particularly for those with quad core system or better. All the decoders now have improved threading for 4-8 cores with now support up to 32 cores (see Blog entry CineForm Insider: Even More Decode Speed.) The benefits are noticable even on dual core systems. Many other updates are included.

See the update logs for:
Prospect HD/4K - Prospect HD Update Log
NEO HDV/HD/4K - Neo HD Update Log
Aspect HD - Aspect HD Update Log

Graham Hickling November 10th, 2008 11:17 PM

Thanks.

(Any chance that YC scopes support for 100+ luma levels has been fixed in AspectHD? No mention of that in the update log....)

Richard Leadbetter November 11th, 2008 07:25 AM

Will the faster Mac decoder get us closer to running 720p60 full-screen/full speed on a secondary monitor in FCP?

David Newman November 11th, 2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Hickling (Post 962014)
Thanks.

(Any chance that YC scopes support for 100+ luma levels has been fixed in AspectHD? No mention of that in the update log....)

Fixed in Prospect, but I haven't check Aspect.

David Newman November 11th, 2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Leadbetter (Post 962108)
Will the faster Mac decoder get us closer to running 720p60 full-screen/full speed on a secondary monitor in FCP?

Closer, maybe its there, I don't do the Mac testing. I did see 1080i60 running full screen, full speed, on a 4-core system, so 720p60 is similar. Of course of a PC when due that for ages on a dual core. The sad thing is most of the Mac slowness is QuickTime, when we using our Decoder SDK we go twice as fast.

Hugh Mobley November 11th, 2008 05:12 PM

I just updated my NEO HDV and tried to convert an avi file to a mov file, the software crashes as soon as press start. I tried unchecking split scenes etc, but that didn't help, any suggestions

David Newman November 12th, 2008 09:47 AM

Contact support, we have not heard this one.

Richard Leadbetter November 14th, 2008 02:24 AM

On a related note, is there any chance the update system you have can be improved? The current system of digging out the serial number then waiting for an update email that sometimes never arrives is a bit of a pain in the ass. Couldn't it just be added to the support system that requires a login already?

I'm eager to see if the latest Prospect update fixes the audio/timeline issues I have in Premiere, and I'm sitting here with Outlook and Gmail (for the spam folder) open waiting for the email with the link to turn up!

David Taylor November 14th, 2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Leadbetter (Post 963528)
On a related note, is there any chance the update system you have can be improved? The current system of digging out the serial number then waiting for an update email that sometimes never arrives is a bit of a pain in the ass. Couldn't it just be added to the support system that requires a login already?

I'm eager to see if the latest Prospect update fixes the audio/timeline issues I have in Premiere, and I'm sitting here with Outlook and Gmail (for the spam folder) open waiting for the email with the link to turn up!

Richard, two things: 1) the email system went down late yesterday and was reset when we got into the office this AM. Sorry about that.

2) I'll probably remove the update link separately from the download link so there's only one. But here's a hint. You can put anything in the S/N field, like "asdf". It's actually not checked. That'll at least eliminate having to look up the S/N.