Project corrupted? Wrong editing mode. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 17th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #1
Major Player

Project corrupted? Wrong editing mode.

I have a project I've been working on for quite some time. However, now when I open it up in CS3 it doesn't recognize as a Cineform project it seems. When I click on "Project Settings" and choose "General" it says the editing mode is "Desktop", rather than Cineform. And so none of the Cineform settings are available to me. What could this be?

Since it's not recognizing as a Cineform project it's forcing me to re-render, everything. Did I corrupt my project some how? Can I change this easily?

When I start a new Aspect HD Project it seems to be working fine, I can add the same media onto the timeline and not need to re-render because Premiere does understand that it is a Cineform project with Cineform media in it.

However with the other project I can play back and edit it just requires me to re-render everything, and it's not identifying itself correctly.

I hope I'm describing this clearly because I could really use some help on this.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 02:55 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Have you tried starting a new project with the correct settings and importing the old project into it?
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Major Player

This may have been something I caused myself by accidentally opening the project in CS4. Although I don't remember doing that, or saving the project afterwards...

I really don't know, but that could have been how it happened.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 02:58 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
Have you tried starting a new project with the correct settings and importing the old project into it?
That seems to have done the job. Thanks!

Last edited by Craig Irving; November 17th, 2008 at 03:36 PM.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase