Unable to open projects after upgrading Prospect HD to build 186 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 18th, 2008, 05:09 AM   #1
Major Player

Unable to open projects after upgrading Prospect HD to build 186

After upgrading Prospect HD from Build 169 to either 183 or 186 I can't open previous cineform projects that were created with build 169.

I have tried to import to a new project and cs3 just sits and hangs. If I make a new project with build 186 all is fine, I just can't open older ones?

If I install build 169 again, they open fine.

Any Ideas?
Rich Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #2
Trustee

More green strangeness with ProspectHD

I upgraded from the latest AspectHD to ProspectHD build 186 last week. I can input old CHFD avis created by AspectHD into Pro CS3, but when I scrub them on the timeline the image turns green.

Playing the timeline still works OK, and importing an entire AspectHD-based project doesn't produce the scrubbing glitch. Nor is there any problem with files newly captured with ProspectHD.

I've even found a workaround - I can go into Premiere's playback settings BEFORE I import anything, and deselect "use highest quality for scrubbing and rendering". That fixes it. But weirdly, deselecting this doesn't help if I do it AFTER importing footage.

I submitted a trouble ticket last week, and Jake is working on it.

Last edited by Graham Hickling; November 18th, 2008 at 07:54 PM.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #3
Major Player

It seems something is related to both build 183 and 186, I have not heard of any other complaints about this build so perhaps the scope of the issue is quite narrow. Weirdly I am getting exactly the same problem both on a XP 32bit system and Vista 64, same hardware just a dual boot. I have tried completely removing all components including registry entries etc and reinstalling both premier and build 186 fresh (as per tech notes) and I can't import older projects (or open them) although new projects are all fine if started with build 186. Since all my projects are still works in progress I am stuck using build 169, which seems to work fine, I just want to be able to upgrade :) - I submitted a ticket and am waiting to hear back.
Rich Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The green frames in scrubbing half res. has been fixed. Support can point you to the solution.
Old November 26th, 2008, 10:01 AM   #5
Major Player

For what it's worth im having a similar problem between build 174 and 183. It's nice to see that it might not just be my configuration! I have a ticket at cineform and have been talking to one of the engineers so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it and i'll point them to this thread (although David is already on here anyway)

Just to clarify. Build 183 won't open any of my 174 transcoded xdcam files, it just crashes PPro. Roll back and it works. If i do a new transcode in 183 then it works in 183.

This is in prospect

cheers
paul
Paul Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 10:16 AM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

This thread will not help, you need to send a sample AVI to support (CC me.)
Old November 26th, 2008, 10:23 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
This thread will not help, you need to send a sample AVI to support (CC me.)
Jake should have a link to a sample AVI already, i'll email you as well

I only commented because i'd sort of assumed that this might have been a bizzare configuration issue with my setup, but perhaps there's something fixable instead!

kindest regards
paul
Paul Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM   #8
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Both issues above are fixed in version 3.4.6 Build 187, out as a public beta later today.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase