DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   CS4 and Aspect (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/138132-cs4-aspect.html)

Warren Morningstar November 20th, 2008 02:34 PM

CS4 and Aspect

Do I understand correctly that CS4 requires a new version of Aspect at additional cost?
If so, when will it be available and for how much?

Thanks,
Warren

David Newman November 20th, 2008 02:44 PM

We need to revise everything for CS4 support, so there will be an upgrade charge, but no details yet.

Craig Irving November 20th, 2008 02:47 PM

Hopefully it comes soon. I'm very eager to start working in CS4. Especially after this morning's 4.0.1 upgrade.

David Taylor November 20th, 2008 11:30 PM

Be aware that adobe has not yet released the code that even allows us to ship an upgrade to CS4. On top of that we've only had the code from Adobe for a few weeks to begin the development process f orCS4. Adobe made a lot of changes in their SDK for CS4 so it'll take a bit longer for us, and for other SDK supporters such as AJA, Blackmagic, and Matrox. We're hopeful that we'll have upgrades ready in December, but we don't have a firm schedule yet.

Roger Wilson November 21st, 2008 05:25 PM

Thanks for the update David. It's too bad that Adobe doesn't involve partners earlier in the software lifecycle. It would have been great to be able to jump onto Premier Pro with the updated Aspect HD all at the same time.

I wasn't aware of the SDK/archecture changes until after I had purchased the CS4 upgrade. If I had to do it over again, I would have waited until all the pieces were available. I have complained about this very loudly to some VP folks at Adobe (along with the number of obivious bugs in CS4). Hopefully it might do some help next time around.

Again, thanks for the updates!

Marty Hudzik November 22nd, 2008 07:40 AM

If I have CS3 with latest Aspect HD, and install CS4, what can I expect? Obviously, no realtime accelerated engine in Cs4 but will the cineform codec be recognized so that I could edit in CS4 anyway?

I guess I'm asking what to watch out for until Cineform has a full CS4 compatible version.

Thanks.

David Newman November 22nd, 2008 09:48 AM

If you install CS4 after AHD, you will be OK, and CS4 will edit CineForm files using the VfW Codec (slower but it works.) Do not install AHD over CS4 as that crashes, the AHD CS3 importer is not compatible with CS4.

Marty Hudzik November 23rd, 2008 03:53 PM

So installing CS4 should not cause any problems with a stable working CS3 with Cineform already installed? I just wanted to test CS4 a little and was concerned that it would mess upmy working production of CS3. One last thing, if I install CS4 and you guys release an update to AHD5 for CS3, do I need to uninstall CS4, install your update for CS3 and then re-install CS4? I am guessing your installer is coded in such a way that it automatically goes to the latest version of Premiere on the system, even if it is not supported. Otherwise I'd think we'd be able to choose what version of Premiere to install to.

THanks.

Justin Hewitt November 23rd, 2008 08:43 PM

Marty.

Why not load the CS4 into a virtual copy of your opsys. VMWare is free so too the M$ equivalent .... you just need your original opsys disks ....

In a virtual environment you can do what ever you want and not risk your stable working environment .....
best of all Virtual machines, unmount to a set of files, so they can be copied and duplicated ....

Graham Hickling November 23rd, 2008 10:06 PM

CS2, CS3 and CS4 can all co-exist happily and independently, in my experience. But it was certainly good to get the heads-up about what order to install Aspect.

Gary Brun November 24th, 2008 02:58 AM

I have CS3 and CS4 installed on my 64bit PC with no problems.
CS4 can still work with the Cineform Files... but it is alot slower.

Mark Woollard December 3rd, 2008 04:13 PM

Latest ETA for AHD update for CS4?

I own NEO HDV, Vegas 8, CS3 and CS4 Production Premium. No Cineform clips created in Vegas or CS3 work in CS4. They crash PPro on importing. Any idea when the compatiblity problem will be fixed?

David Newman December 3rd, 2008 04:43 PM

You need to remove the im-CFHD_File_Import.prm file from
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore
and
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

Then CS4 works.

Mark Woollard December 3rd, 2008 07:13 PM

David, thanks for your prompt and helpful reply. CS4 PPro now imports the Cineform files.