DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Problems with exporting - im-cfhd_file_import.prm (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/138308-problems-exporting-im-cfhd_file_import-prm.html)

Sverre Fjeldheim November 23rd, 2008 01:49 PM

Problems with exporting - im-cfhd_file_import.prm

Hi,

I'm using Premiere Pro CS3 with Aspect and have edited a 1,5 hour long video. When trying to export I repeatidly got error messages where PP saying it was caused by im-cfhd_file_import.prm. To reduce the size of the project I split it in three and tried exporting again, but the same result - PP crashes blaming the ...import.prm.

I have uninstalled the antivirus, I have tried creating a new project and import the original into the new one, I have tried different formats, but whatever I do PP crashes and blame the prm file...

Any idea about what I'm doing wrong?

I'm have an OK computer with 2GB RAM, running XP with all the latest patches.

Thanks.

Sverre

Sverre Fjeldheim November 23rd, 2008 02:41 PM

Same issue

Hi,

I also tried to export to MPEG2, but at 75,68% on the first pass the same error occured.

AppName: adobe premiere pro.exe
AppVer: 3.2.0.0
Offset: 0007b7e0
ModName: im-cdhd_file_import.prm

also, I noticed in the tast manager that when the problem happend it reported that Premiere Pro uses 1.440.296kb.

Anybody have _any_ idea about why this problem occurs when exporting? All the files in there were captured with HD link.

Thanks,

Sverre

Sverre Fjeldheim November 23rd, 2008 05:54 PM

More exporting

Hi,

I was able to export using the Microsoft DV AVI codec... but does that destroy/remove/decrease the quality of the video compared to exporting using Cineform AVI?

Thanks,

Sverre

David Newman November 24th, 2008 09:44 AM

Please file a trouble ticket and CineForm Support.

Douglas Turner November 25th, 2008 09:12 PM

Hi Sverre,

I have the same issues. Initially it was rejected when I first raised it, as Cineform were questioning why you'd get an error in the import module when you're exporting - but that's exactly what I'm seeing too.

I'll be raising a problem ticket too tonight. I have seen this for a while, but not had time to raise the problem again, and now I'm about to export the project, it's important to get fixed (or at least a reason and a work around).

I'm using Premiere Pro CS3, Cineform Aspect HD (latest build), plus Magic Bullet Colorista and Looks. My film is 80 minutes - split into 5 projects!

If you get a result, then it would be great if you could post back here.

Cheers, Doug.

David Newman November 25th, 2008 09:21 PM

We have had users reporting problems with MBLooks, so make sure they are updated.

Douglas Turner November 25th, 2008 10:02 PM

Running current Aspect HD and current MBLooks - I'll do some tests tonight with the same clip, with and without Looks, and put results in a support ticket.

Thanks.

Oh, and I'm using MB Frames too!

Douglas Turner November 26th, 2008 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi David,

Have logged Support ticket 611-7025208 for this error - have also attached a screen dump of the error message.

Cheers, Doug.

PS - have also logged 611-7024506 for the extra frame being exported (mentioned, but no-one replied to in another thread)

Sean Malone December 2nd, 2008 09:10 PM

I'm getting the same message when rendering in the PP3.2 timeline. The files were captered using PP2 with AspectHD v5.4.3 b127 on my workstation that I have sence upgraded to PP3 AspectHD v5.4.5 b129. Maybe that means something.

Sean

P.S. - No MBLooks

David Newman December 2nd, 2008 09:48 PM

Did you try the new beta?

Douglas Turner December 2nd, 2008 10:38 PM

Trying new beta fixed specific piece of timeline I was exporting...

- I have had the exact same error though, randomly it seems - mainly after doing a fair bit of editing. Even when not exporting.

Will re-create error tonight and get some details for the support ticket...

Sean Malone December 3rd, 2008 12:17 PM

David,

I did install the new beta a few hours after my post. I did an extensive render overnight and it completed without the error. It looks like the beta took care of the problem. I'll swing over to your support page and cancel the ticket.

Thanks,