DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   New CineForm releases for all product lines. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/138930-new-cineform-releases-all-product-lines.html)

David Newman December 3rd, 2008 11:26 PM

New CineForm releases for all product lines.

These new builds are recommended updates, many bugs fixes and enhancements for an all-round improved editing experience. See www.cineform.com for more details and to download your updates.

Roger Wilson December 4th, 2008 11:01 AM

David,

Thanks for the post about the updates! I've got them downloading.

How's the work on the CS4 PPro plug-in coming along?

Thanks,
Roger

Stephen Armour December 6th, 2008 03:44 PM

Good release! Very stable now. Whatever you did, fixed the probs with the beta and it's running very smoothly and nicely.

David Newman December 6th, 2008 04:20 PM

We thought it was best to have a solid CS3 version before finishing CS4.

Johnnie Behiri December 7th, 2008 05:50 AM

The latest Prospect 4k (188) is much more resources demanding on my system.

Open "Windows task manager"-Memory management-
The PF usage will be around 1.6 GB

Previous version (183) will require around 1GB playing the same timeline.

David Newman December 7th, 2008 12:50 PM

Overall the later builds use less memory that previously, I think you test case has changed, such as you project or the updated revision of CS3. 80% of the PF usage is Premiere's caching. We do scrubbing in 32bit float more often now for quality reasons, that does use more cache, but it is not an efficiency problem of Prospect. You can switch to 8-bit in the Playback Settings panel.

Johnnie Behiri December 7th, 2008 03:57 PM

Test was done with Premiere PS2 on the same project.

I kindly ask more users who are using the latest version (188) to check and compare their memory usage, between this version to 183.

Thanks!

Johnnie

Douglas Turner December 8th, 2008 07:14 AM

Using latest Aspect HD build - am exporting an 18 minute project. Has ALWAYS failed to export - previous dump I was getting has been typical Adobe one: Error Compiling movie. Will report back with latest findings soon.

In the meantime, David - can you tell me what the new option "Use IP Structure (only for 4:2:2)" does? As I'm using HDV footage (HDlink'd to cineform avi's - I assume my clips are 4:2:0, so isn't an option to chose for me).

Thanks.

David Newman December 8th, 2008 10:03 AM

Sorry that new feature is confusingly named. While HDV is 4:2:0 at the source, is bumped to 4:2:2 in the CineForm compressor. The IP structure is the two frame GOP compression which can save 20-30% in your data rate (particularly in Medium or High quality, less so in the Filmscan modes.) This was the hardwired default for YUV (4:2:2) encoding until this build where it is optional. The I-frame mode uses a little less memory during the encode, but will produce a bigger ouput.