DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Timeline playback quality (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/138950-timeline-playback-quality.html)

Rich Perry December 4th, 2008 10:43 AM

Timeline playback quality

I recently upgraded to Vista 64, it's seems much more stable and the new CF build seems to work great with old imports. For some reason however, video playback (including overlay) from the CS3 timeline is not quite as smooth as is was when under XP with all the same settings, fask desktop playback is enabled. Under playback options if I enable "disable preview mode playback" I end up with some noticeable tearing. buts ite better than the disabled option as there is a lot of blur which starts out fine but get worse as the video plays.

I am using a Matrox Apve graphics card with the same settings enabled that I had on my XP setup. Perhaps this is a problem with the Matrox driver for Vista 64 but I thought I would check. I have ruled out the Prospect HD build, but there is a noticeable difference in video quality for timeline playback running the same software setup / hardware on Vista 64 and XP

Stephen Armour December 6th, 2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Perry (Post 972845)
I recently upgraded to Vista 64, it's seems much more stable and the new CF build seems to work great with old imports. For some reason however, video playback (including overlay) from the CS3 timeline is not quite as smooth as is was when under XP with all the same settings, fask desktop playback is enabled. Under playback options if I enable "disable preview mode playback" I end up with some noticeable tearing. buts ite better than the disabled option as there is a lot of blur which starts out fine but get worse as the video plays.

I am using a Matrox Apve graphics card with the same settings enabled that I had on my XP setup. Perhaps this is a problem with the Matrox driver for Vista 64 but I thought I would check. I have ruled out the Prospect HD build, but there is a noticeable difference in video quality for timeline playback running the same software setup / hardware on Vista 64 and XP

Rich, we've had tearing with the APVe from day one on a 32bit quad workstation! Never changed or got better with any version of CF or XP and with any monitor/output. It only tears noticibly at highest res's and with full 1920x1080 output sizes.

By the way, if you haven't tried the newest release, it's very nice and just might cure that color blurring prob. Though we noticed that as well, earlier. I'll look and see when I get a chance.

Just seems to just be a slightly behind the times card now...though it still works okay. I had another Matrox card installed together with it, but a config change in that system made it now impossible to use them together, so my projector output to VGA is now out the window too. With our newest workstation coming, we'll switch to non-Matrox cards for sure.

Rich Perry December 8th, 2008 06:22 PM

Good insignts Stephen, I think an upgrade to another card (SDI) would be better I will look into this to see what's recomended by cineform.