CineForm Discontinuing Aspect HD after 5 years.... - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 27th, 2008, 11:11 AM   #61
Major Player

I would like to make the upgrade. What is the drop dead date for me to make the upgrade for $199?

Thanks
Old December 27th, 2008, 11:15 AM   #62
CTO, CineForm Inc.

When Prospect HD v4 is released, the Aspect HD deal price goes away. You have about 5 weeks.
Old December 29th, 2008, 09:59 AM   #63
Major Player

Minor clarification to David's post. You'll still be able to upgrade from Aspect HD to Prospect HD well into the future. But when our support for CS4 is available (around late Jan), the upgrade price will move from $199 to $249. So the $50 savings goes away, not your ability to upgrade later.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #64
Major Player

David
I remember that you mention early that the PHD Cs4 also will include some other new features like the intensity card monitoring. Is the HD link m2t file convertion support of Orginal timecode expected to work on this CS4 version.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 04:27 PM   #65
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Ortiz View Post
David
I remember that you mention early that the PHD Cs4 also will include some other new features like the intensity card monitoring. Is the HD link m2t file convertion support of Orginal timecode expected to work on this CS4 version.
Jose,

Blackmagic timeline monitoring will occur after the initial upgrade to CS4. The CS4 upgrade should happen around the end of January, and it'll be later in 1Q before we have Blackmagic monitoring completed. But of course all PHD v4 customers will get the Blackmagic update (and subsequent updates) at no additional charge.
Old December 30th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #66
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
Jose,

Blackmagic timeline monitoring will occur after the initial upgrade to CS4. The CS4 upgrade should happen around the end of January, and it'll be later in 1Q before we have Blackmagic monitoring completed. But of course all PHD v4 customers will get the Blackmagic update (and subsequent updates) at no additional charge.
Thanks David
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM   #67
Trustee

OK. I am ready to do the upgrade to Prospect from Aspect.....like....now! I went to the website and see references made to updrading from Aspect for $199 but no link to actually perform this transaction. Is there a place to do this myself or do I have to call and do this over the phone?

Thanks in advance. I need this for a trip this weekend so hopefully a quick turn-around is in order.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM   #68
Major Player

Marty, our hosted ecommerce provider has some restrictions on our ecommerce nav. If you click on View when you've selected PHD for purchase the upgrade options become visible. Or, click on the following link: Prospect HD v3 (Windows Download)
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #69
Trustee

thank you David. That worked. I received an email asking me to submit my existing Aspect HD serial number. I replied to that email but I am wondering how long until I recieve my Prospect serial number.

Also, I have several dozen existing Premiere Pro projects in Aspect HD. Should these open okay after I upgrade? I assume they will but was hoping for a little re-assurance. Mind you, I am technically done with them but you never know when a client is going to request a change.

Thanks a million.
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #70
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik View Post
thank you David. That worked. I received an email asking me to submit my existing Aspect HD serial number. I replied to that email but I am wondering how long until I recieve my Prospect serial number.

Also, I have several dozen existing Premiere Pro projects in Aspect HD. Should these open okay after I upgrade? I assume they will but was hoping for a little re-assurance. Mind you, I am technically done with them but you never know when a client is going to request a change.

Thanks a million.
Aspect HD projects will load fine in Prospect HD.
Old January 7th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #71
Trustee

Thanks David. With regards to my other question.....I submitted my aspect serial number via email, is this automated or does a customer service rep have to get my email, verify it, then dispatch a new serial number? I am going to be travelling after tomorrow for some time and I am concerned that the trial is going to expire soon, so I am counting on a quick turnaround, as I have always had with Aspect upgrades.

Thanks.
Old January 7th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #72
Major Player

Marty please check your email.
Old January 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #73
Trustee

Please check your email too! Thanks! Can't wait to color correct in 10bit!
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #74
Inner Circle

So when we upgrade to Propect, can we still use Aspect on a different PC? And when Prospect for CS4 comes out, will it work with CS3 if we don't upgrade Premiere right away?

Last edited by Adam Gold; January 14th, 2009 at 12:24 AM.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #75
Major Player

When you upgrade to PHD your AHD s/n is disabled. But if you don't uninstall AHD on your existing machine then you're fine. But you'll need to install PHD on a different machine.

Yes, PHD v4 will work with both CS3 and CS4.
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase