m2t repair tool? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 13th, 2008, 11:27 AM   #1
Major Player

m2t repair tool?

Okay, I have a m2t file that I made on my hard drive. I am trying to get onto tape for backup. I use HDlink to sent to tape. But, when I read back with HDlink, I get 2 big glitches in the 1 hour clip. When I watch the original clip, I can see a small glitch right before the video that I pulled back from tape goes nuts. So, if there any utility that I can try and semi repair these glitches?

Thanks

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Major Player

Try MPEG Stream Clip. Google for a download. Use the timecode repair option. Normally its broken time codes that cause issues for me with my .m2t files.

Once you open the file do a time code fix from the edit menu (it may even offer to do it for you) and once you are done you can convert to TS and hopefully you should be set.
Old December 14th, 2008, 09:03 AM   #3
Major Player

Okay, ran my m2t file through the program, and it said it found no time code breaks. But, HDLink triggers off something since it does file splits at these points. What else can cause a dropped frame that HDlink with split the file on capture? Any other programs I can try to see if something can identify an issue with the file. I thought I had read about a tool, but sure cannot find anything yet.

Thanks again for the help.

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:45 PM   #4
Trustee

Maybe this? - for mpeg2 transport streams ... MPEG2Repair
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase