aspect upgrade question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

aspect upgrade question

hi,
for the update of Aspect to prospect, do we need to deactivate aspect before activating Prospect?
or can we still use both ? on a different machine of course.
i mean, i'm in a middle of a project and i don't want to make the change now.
thanks!
Cedric.
Cedric Pottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:25 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Your Aspect HD license is replaced with a Prospect HD license. So not really. If you have Aspect HD up and running on another PC, will will not stop working, but the licensing is offiicially for one computer. The Propect HD upgrade does not require an Aspect HD deactivation.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 08:18 AM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks David.
i will make the order today.
Aspect HD has made it possible to begin editing HD with my old laptop with only an external USB drive, i was very impressed to do it without expensive hardware like Avid or Apple mac pro + FCP.
this is a very good product. It could be perfect to add some realtime glow burning transition or realtime slow motion. maybe on the roadmap...

Premiere becomes to be a real profesional editing software now, it's not often used in here in France but it should be!
there is some lack of audio export i think (for external mixing) but this should be fixed on CS4 as i can see.

best regards,
Cedric.
Cedric Pottier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase