Neo Scene -- various topics - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 29th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #106
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dwyer View Post
Hello,

Since there is loads of questions in here might as well put my question in here.

Software is:

Neo Scene 1.2 build 113
Prem CS4 4.1

Source footage is from the Z1E (1440*1080 1.33) - I'm new to CS4 and Neo.

When I export my uncompressed video the aspect ratio isnt correct and not sure why?
Talk to support as it is not clear to me what you are saying.
Old April 29th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #107
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Hello,

Since there is loads of questions in here might as well put my question in here.

Software is:

Neo Scene 1.2 build 113
Prem CS4 4.1

When I export my uncompressed video the aspect ratio isnt correct and not sure why?
Talk to support as it is not clear to me what you are saying. CineForm is compressed. It could be that VfW engine is Adobe is not handling the aspect ratio correctly. You could just output as 1920x1080.
Old April 29th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #108
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Talk to support as it is not clear to me what you are saying.
Sorry think its a simple user error on my side. I want to export a full uncompressed version of my video but when I do the video doesnt play in Windows Media player and when I view the details of it its a different res from what I set on the export settings.

See the attached pictures?
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #109
Major Player

I've got another quick question this is the 1st time I've used Neo Scene, I have used Aspect HD before. With Neo Scene my M2T files are coming out with a resolution of 1536 x 1080? Is that right?

With the Aspect product it was 1440*1080?
Old April 29th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #110
Major Player

Quote:
I've got another quick question this is the 1st time I've used Neo Scene, I have used Aspect HD before. With Neo Scene my M2T files are coming out with a resolution of 1536 x 1080? Is that right?

With the Aspect product it was 1440*1080?
This is the codec used by windows media player to open M2T files - MainConcept (Adobe2) MPEG Video Decoder.
Old April 30th, 2009, 07:46 AM   #111
Major Player

Quote:
Hello,

Software is:

Neo Scene 1.2 build 113
Prem CS4 4.1

Right I sorted my self -

The reason it was on 960*540 is the "fast setting" in cineform was set so media player was using that.
Old May 4th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #112
Major Player

In CS4 should we have a Editing Presets? My previews are very jerky?

Its setup on "Editing" mode? A google google seems to confirm its CS4 though, can someone confirm?
Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:05 PM   #113
New Boot

Neo scene and pp cs3

Months have gone by and still yet I havnt gotten My AVI files from Neo Scene to work with cs3. I know people have moved on to bigger and better upgrades, but I unfortunately dont have that luxury. So please, to any body who has sucessfully figured out this process let me know. If i had the money I would buy the NeoHD and cs4, but I already purchased neoscene and cs3. When I import the avi files I get nothing but audio and a black screen or somtimes green. A comprehensive guide or workflow of this process, from any body who has sucessfully figured this out would by eternally appriciated.

Thanks
Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:14 PM   #114
Major Player

I wish I could help you out, but NeoScene, Windows XP (32-bit) and Premier Pro CS3 work perfectly for me.

Julian
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:12 PM   #115
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Shaka View Post
Months have gone by and still yet I havnt gotten My AVI files from Neo Scene to work with cs3. I know people have moved on to bigger and better upgrades, but I unfortunately dont have that luxury. So please, to any body who has sucessfully figured out this process let me know. If i had the money I would buy the NeoHD and cs4, but I already purchased neoscene and cs3. When I import the avi files I get nothing but audio and a black screen or somtimes green. A comprehensive guide or workflow of this process, from any body who has sucessfully figured this out would by eternally appriciated.

Thanks
What other software do you have on the PC? I had this problem with Neoscene when DVD Architect 5.0b was installed. Reverting back to DVD Architect 5.0 solved the problem. You may have a similar problem.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase