Neo Scene -- various topics - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 29th, 2009, 08:09 AM   #91
Inner Circle

Chad,

I have the Dell xps with the same processor. I had huge problems capturing and hd link would not work either.

I cleared it off, got the dell guys to take out conflicting background programs and that seemed to resolve my issues. (for now at least)

It now captures with all tools and HD Link works fine. Just wrapping my my first project using cineform.
Old March 29th, 2009, 01:56 PM   #92
Trustee

Dale
I have a Dell i7, Vista 64 currently on order.
Do you recall what sort of Dell "background" programs were causing a conflict with CF? I'm currently using Prospect HD.
I was hoping this transition was going to be smooth, but I guess it never really is.
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #93
New Boot

Neo Scene causes PE3 to not start

I read that Neo Scene is a good tool to help edit HDV, so I downloaded the latest trial version of Neo Scene two days ago. I did a capture from my HV30 (HDV footage), opened Premiere Elements 3.0, created a project and added all of the Cineform intermediate AVI files. PE3 stopped responding after I tried to add the files. I allowed Windows to close the application and I rebooted the computer, and now PE3 will NOT start. I double click the icon, the PE3 splash screen comes up, and I immediately get a "Adobe Premiere Elements.exe stopped working" error message.

I'm using a Dell E520, Intel Core 2 Duo (2.13GHz), 2GB SDRAM and Vista Home Premium. Video is on external USB HDD.

How can I make PE3 work again???

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Ron Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #94
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Ron, that is a support question. I have not heard of this as Elements is a supported application.
Old March 30th, 2009, 04:21 AM   #95
Inner Circle

Robert, a bit off topic but there is a thread somewhere around here where at least one model of Dell is giving lots of grief with the esata port. At least three folks have reported issues. Two of them are unresolved, even after having hardware replaced.

I, not too long ago, found Dell lower end units to be too unreliable and got back into building my own.

I'm only posting this so that after you receive your unit you cannot say you cannot say "Why didn't anyone say something to me before!".

You may be fine, but be forwarned. If you have issues early on and can't get them resolved quickly then you should return the unit and go with something else. Good luck, hopefully yours will be fine.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #96
New Boot

David, thanks for taking the time to view these posts! I sent the inquiry to support at Cineform dot com and I'm getting help with it. BTW, other people at muvipix.com have reported similar problems with Neo Scene, but I don't know if they asked for help with it.
Ron Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:51 PM   #97
Regular Crew

judder

I'm converting my 5D Mark II footage with Neoscene, but I get a file that judders as if it's under a strobe light. Any suggestions?

I used to own aspect HD (and removed it)
Jeff McCutcheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #98
Regular Crew

scratch that, just upgraded my video card and it works now.
Jeff McCutcheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #99
New Boot

Neo Scene wont recognise any file type but avchd??

Quick question. I recently purchased Neo Scene, and downloaded the newest version 113. But I cant seem to convert any other file type but the MTS from my HF10. I get an error saying file type not supported when I try to convert mpeg4, mt2s, mov. Am I doing somthing wrong? or does Neoscene only support MTS??
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #100
CTO, CineForm Inc.

While Neo Scene doesn't support everything NEO HD does, it does support 99% of AVCHD and HDV sources. If you are having issues, please contact support. Of course, try an uninstall, then reinstall, it might fix it for you.
Old April 16th, 2009, 08:02 AM   #101
New Boot

Neo Scene Issue

I have tried Uninstalling and installing it. Still it wont convert any other file but mts to avi. But on the cine form site it say it supports other formats. I know that Neo HD Supports everthing. I dont know what else i could be doing wrong. Has anyone run into an issue like this?
Old April 21st, 2009, 08:24 AM   #102
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
While Neo Scene doesn't support everything NEO HD does, it does support 99% of AVCHD and HDV sources. If you are having issues, please contact support. Of course, try an uninstall, then reinstall, it might fix it for you.
I need Neo Scene's functionality to fix the frame blending problem for the Canon 5DMkII, but I also use the Sony EX1, and Vegas 8.0(c). Is there a Cineform product that is complementary for both cams at once?
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 08:58 AM   #103
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
I need Neo Scene's functionality to fix the frame blending problem for the Canon 5DMkII, but I also use the Sony EX1, and Vegas 8.0(c). Is there a Cineform product that is complementary for both cams at once?
Neo HD version 4.0 is what you need. It is in beta now, released next week.
Old April 21st, 2009, 06:45 PM   #104
Regular Crew

Confused

I have read the majority of this thread and I am very confused. My problem is that I have a CAnon 5D Mk2 and I am unable to get useable video from it. I presume that the Cineform software is able to transform footage from the 5D into a NLE program at a very high quality but I am unable to determine what the workflow might be. My computer is a iMac with a 2.16 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo operating on Mac OSX 10.5.6, my editing program is Adobe Premier Pro CS4 and I would like to publish to either a DVD or Blue Ray. Your comments and advise will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Kent
Kent Jakusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2009, 08:47 AM   #105
Major Player

Cineform Neo Scene + Prem Cs4

Hello,

Since there is loads of questions in here might as well put my question in here.

Software is:

Neo Scene 1.2 build 113
Prem CS4 4.1

Source footage is from the Z1E (1440*1080 1.33) - I'm new to CS4 and Neo.

When I export my uncompressed video the aspect ratio isnt correct and not sure why?
Attached Thumbnails
Neo Scene -- various topics-final.jpg   Neo Scene -- various topics-cs01.jpg  

Neo Scene -- various topics-cs02.jpg  
David Dwyer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase