Release Date for Cineform CS4 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 29th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Will we make the January goal for CS4 release

I am holding off on starting a large project as I want to edit in CS4.
I know the question has been asked but will the update for CS4 prospect HD be released this coming week?
Thanks
Dan Herrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #17
Major Player

They hinted in another thread that there would be a slight delay, unfortunately.

I'm looking forward to it too, even if it's only just the importer functionality for now.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #18
Inner Circle

I got an email that said the upgrade discount expires on 2/15. As they'd previously said the discount would expire when the new version came out, that could be the projected date.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Some of the new stuff will start coming out around then, but not all at once. But we have to have a hard date of the discounted upgrade.
Old January 29th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Oh, you are such a tease...
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:49 AM   #21
Regular Crew

CS4 Upgrade

If I purchase PHD now for my CS2, will I be allowed a full/free upgrde to PHD CS4 when it is realeased?
I would just like to get a feel for this excellent product before I roll full speed in CS4
Thanks,
Biily

Last edited by Billy Snider; January 30th, 2009 at 09:31 AM.
Billy Snider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:50 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Answer is yes, found on site
Billy Snider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 07:49 PM   #23
New Boot

NeoScene for CS4

What is the forecast of a new date for the NeoScene upgrade for CS4? I have a new HDV project that I would like capture with it.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM   #24
New Boot

RE: Current Options

I'm upgrading my computer this weekend with Intel i7 920, 6gigs DDR3 1600, ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution motherboard, BFG 260 GEFORCE 896 ram, 150 gig WD Raptor System Drive, 300 Gig Seagate Applications Drive, 1TB G-tech ESATA external in software raid for video, ESATA Blue Ray burner, DVD CDRW Burner, on board sound (it's decent on this MB) but may install sound card?

OS- Vista Ultimate 64bit

Option 1: Plan to install Premiere CS4. I would like to use Prospect HD for it's real time and excellent codec, and Blackmagic Intensity card for overlay of time line to an HDMI external monitor, and perhaps later ingestion of 8 bit HD through HDMI once I have a better external raid array.

I'm waiting to see if Blackmagic, Cineform, and CS4 in 64 bit Vista will become a working reality? If so I will buy it right away.

Option 2: Alternative is to install my Matox RTx2 that I had running on my old Machine. They have new Matrox Tools Version that is for CS4 64 bit Vista, and you can overlay with RTx2 through DVI to an external monitor. Problem is that right now Matrox Tools RTx2 appears to be very full of problems with CS4 in 64 bit Vista, and I am not looking for a hair pulling project.

Option 3: Edius 5, with their HD spark card that has just HD out to external monitor. Apparently this all works well with 64 bit Vista. But I don't know Edius that well, and am much more familiar with Premiere, and also will have Photoshop and likely will have After Effects on my machine. Edius has great stability and excellent real time performance, but much less feature rich than premiere.

Any thoughts. . . anyone? Right now I think I'm going to be in a waiting mode more than anything else. There really doesn't appear to be any great option?

I do mostly 20-50 minute documentary on DVD of the history, culture, and genealogy of small villages on Polish Russian Boarder, but will now have Blue Ray option. I use motion video, quite a few stills, transitions, sometimes picture in a picture, etc. Sometimes music in the background and/or narration. I also just play around with video since days of Bravado MJPEG card, just prior to DV.

Tilford
Tilford Bartman is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Tilford Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:43 PM   #25
Major Player

Tilford,

I'm going to interject here and throw in my two cents on the subject. I myself being somebody who is working with Vegas on an i7 platform and also using Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

My question for you would be do you really feel you need to use Vista 64? Yes, I realize in order to take advantage of all that RAM you don't have another choice however 64-bit software and the 64-bit VISTA actually use quite a bit more RAM.

The good news is that since Ultimate 64 ships with *both* 32-bit and 64-bit Windows in the box, why not just go ahead and work with the 32-bit version for now and hold onto that 64-bit version for down the road if/when the software you mentioned all matures to the point to really take advantage of that without the hassles that are going on right now?

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 05:57 AM   #26
New Boot

CS4 Issue?

I think the problem isn't an issue of 32 vs 64 bit Vista. The blackmagic design card and the matrox card all have 64bit Vista drivers. The problem is that these products including cineform prospect HD either don't work at all or are very buggy with Premiere CS4. Apparently Adobe released the SDK quite late, these guys haven't had much time, and apparently it's a job to rewrite them for CS4. Matrox appears to have been the first, but also seems to be having quite a few issues.

Probably what I'll do is I'll build my new machine, and install CS4 and After Effects. Then I'll just wait and see what develops. Right now I don't have any projects that need to get done. So I'll just play and get familiar with CS4 premiere and after effects.

Tilford
Tilford Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #27
Regular Crew

I just recently upgraded my hardware. The path I chose was to install CS3 Premier Pro and After Effects, and then the full CS4 Master Collection. These can co-exist on your system. This way I can use the new features of Phoshop CS4 64 bit and still get video work done using Premier Pro CS3 + CineForm.

Roger
Roger Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #28
Major Player

Will there be an upgade path/discount for current Prospect users?
Thanks
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Actual ProspectHD users

The same question as Paul, what will be the update policy to current ProspectHD users (clients prior to october 2008)?
Thanks
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #30
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gehrke View Post
What is the forecast of a new date for the NeoScene upgrade for CS4? I have a new HDV project that I would like capture with it.
So would i, bought NC a month ago, have not used it because of this importer thing.
So any news on the release date?
Ann Bens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase