Release Date for Cineform CS4 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Is there any more news on the roll out of Prospect support for CS4? At the start of the thread I was told end of Jan, I'm just wondering how close we are now? Not a biggie if it's delayed, would just be useful to know as I'm about to start another big project - ideally I'd like to do it with cineform, but if it's going to be another month or so realistically then I'll go ahead without. Cheers.
Mathew Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #32
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We have few CS4 glitches that we needed work around before the importer release. CS4 includes a lot of changes, some don't make third party development as easy as we would like.
Old February 13th, 2009, 09:53 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Hello. I readed this in other forum: "... they said they are waiting on a new update from Adobe then all Manufacturers can release CS4 drivers".
Possibly Cineform is waiting also.
Manuel Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #34
Regular Crew

I'm still not even sure what this CS4 importer is... is it a standalone product, or an accessory for current cineform owners for use in CS4? I cant find any info on the CF website. What does this product do exactly

thanks,
Ed Kishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #35
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Kishel View Post
I'm still not even sure what this CS4 importer is... is it a standalone product, or an accessory for current cineform owners for use in CS4? I cant find any info on the CF website. What does this product do exactly

thanks,
Technobabel, "CS4 importers" mean your CineForm AVI files will open (import) in CS4 with 32-bit float precision and all that goodness.
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:16 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Have upgraded from Aspect to Propsect ready for the CS4 release. I've not actually attemopted to install over CS4 yet though. but can I? Won't expect CS4 to offer anbythign just yet but presumably HDLink will work just fine and I can start capturing some tapes hopefully. Wil lthat work?
Alan Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 09:51 AM   #37
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Alan, Yes that works.
Old February 16th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #38
Major Player

Wasn't expecting late-January to turn into mid-February :(

I know first will come the importer, but how does Cineform plan to implement the speech-to-text feature of CS4? Will it transcode into a new Cineform AVI file when it adds the metadata for speech? Will all CS4 features like this ultimately be supported?
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 09:53 AM   #39
Regular Crew

"but we're targeting a beta release before the end of the year with the production version in January."

I understand you've run into some difficulties with the cineform CS4 version, but is it time for me to stop checking the cineform website daily on the lookout for this release? Do you have a revised idea of when this will be available atall?

Thanks

Matt
Mathew Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:33 PM   #40
New Boot

CS4 update release

I JUST bought NeoScene so I could edit my Canon 5DM2 video content easily in CS4. I was too focused on the 5DM2 compatibility release to read the fine print on the website on CS4 compatibility.

Now, I've dropped the $$ for NeoScene and I can't use it. I know, should have gone with the trial version first, but all the reviews I've been reading make it sound like this product is a necessity for 5DM2 video editing on a PC. I was too trusting and impulsive.

So, to the fine people from Cineform, when will my NeoScene files be compatible with CS4??? The website still says Feb09 release, so is that still accurate, or is this looking more like April/May?
Brad Pritchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #41
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It is compatible now, if not, you have some older CS3 only importer components. This thread is about CineForm CS4 support for acceleration, not about compatibility.

Remove any file call *CFHD*.prm from
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore

---
Re: CS4 component availability:

CS4 Importer, still any day, waiting on Adobe feedback for a performance fix. Once that is done and out, the rest of Prospect will get un-stuck (likely NAB time-frame now.)
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #42
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
...Re: CS4 component availability:

CS4 Importer, still any day, waiting on Adobe feedback for a performance fix. Once that is done and out, the rest of Prospect will get un-stuck (likely NAB time-frame now.)
Who knows, maybe with all the Slumdog Millionaire kudos coming in, Adobe will give you guys a bit more attention? We can always hope that Adobe will want some of the kudos too.

Congrads on the 2/3's part of the movie they owe to you guys!

(Check out our website videos, we're still expanding and would have some HD trailers up if we had better internet service than slow 3G)
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #43
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Slumdog wasn't edited in Premiere, so Adobe likely doesn't care. It is a lot of work to have Adobe understand what we can do for them -- and we have tried. It should be obvious as:

Dust 2 Glory, the first film to have a compressed DI, ever. Helped by CineForm.
Slumdog Millionaire, the first mostly digitally acquired feature to win either best cinematophy or best picture. Helped by CineForm.

We do a lot of firsts. You will have to see more of the firsts we are going to show at NAB.
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #44
Major Player

Have you ever posted here, the link to this tutorial?

Silicon Imaging

It really does a good job of explaining how Cineform RAW, Prospect 2K &the metadata features (very cool, I might add) all work under Premiere CS3.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #45
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
It is compatible now, if not, you have some older CS3 only importer components. This thread is about CineForm CS4 support for acceleration, not about compatibility.

Remove any file call *CFHD*.prm from
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore

---
Re: CS4 component availability:

Sorry, I didn't realize that this was the wrong thread for my issue. I'll repost to a new thread.
Brad Pritchett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase