DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   activation problem with PHD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/142807-activation-problem-phd.html)

Billy Snider January 31st, 2009 12:32 PM

activation problem with PHD

I just purchased PHD today. Accepts my name and key and serial # on first request. But when activate Neo/PHD page comes up it will not allow text to fill in serial number. Only button that will function is the deactivate and cancel buttons. Any suggestions?

David Newman January 31st, 2009 12:37 PM

Screen shot(s) please, it is not clear to me what you saying.

David Taylor January 31st, 2009 03:35 PM

Billy, did you go to our activation page? Register and Activate Your CineForm Product. The instructions should be clear from this page. If you have already submitted the requested info on this page then you should get an email with the NAME and ACTIVATION KEY. Those two parameters need to be entered after you run the Activate.exe application in the CineForm --> Prospect HD folder under Start Menu.

Billy Snider January 31st, 2009 03:40 PM

I'm trying to get you a screen shot. Until I get that over... let me give you this info.

I have a screen that comes up and at the top it reads :

Activate Neo/ProspectHD

Name: (filled in)

Serial Number:(does not let me enter anything)

Activation Key: (filled in)

System Code:(filled in

Enter Key (greyed out) Deactivate (works) Cancel (works)

As you can see everything is filled out within this window except for the "serial number"

For some reason I have no control over this window. I am not allowed to input any text.

Also when I start PP2 a window comes up that tells me my trial version is over. It lets me input the info. However, it denies the name and code and tells me:

The name/key does not seem to be valid. Please try agian.

This is basically what I would have sent on a screen grab.

Billy Snider January 31st, 2009 03:52 PM

Apparently its activated. When I open PP2 a Cineform window comes up and tells me it's licensened to me and activated. This above window threw me off. But...that would make since why the enter key button is greyed out.The instructions are easy and very clear.I received my activation key and serial number right away. I just didnt know why this window came up and requested the info and did not allow input

Billy Snider January 31st, 2009 04:08 PM

although it tells me its activated, I still get the pop up window telling me that my trial version is over please visit cineform site and purchase. But when I input my purchased key it does not respond. Maybe it's my machine.It's always been a winner for me.Trial worked beatiful.

David Newman January 31st, 2009 05:12 PM

Yes it sound like you have some activated components and some not. Uninstall, reboot, reinstall, and see where you have an activation or need to entry a new one. If the problem continues, likely a question for support on Monday.

Billy Snider January 31st, 2009 07:33 PM

Cool! Enjoy your weekend and thank you for your help my friend.