DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   ? INSTAL ORDER - Blackmagic Intensity After Cinform or Before? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/142957-instal-order-blackmagic-intensity-after-cinform-before.html)

Tyson Persall February 3rd, 2009 05:55 AM

? INSTAL ORDER - Blackmagic Intensity After Cinform or Before?

I have a blackmagic intensity card and I have Prospect HD with CS3. Should I instal Blackmagic card and drivers First and then Cineform, or Cineform and then blackmagic? - Or does it matter?

David Newman February 3rd, 2009 09:47 AM

The order does matter. The only thing that must be installed before Prospect HD is Premiere.

Jay Bloomfield February 8th, 2009 08:58 PM

I probably will file a support ticket on this, but since I saw this vaguely-related thread, I thought that I'd post here first. I have a BMD Intensity Pro, running under Vista x64, with the most recent drivers. It captures perfectly with BMD Media Express and it used to capture perfectly with HDLink (NEO HD). I haven't used the Intensity to capture in a while, but I tried it a few days ago with the most recent build of NEO HD and the sound was garbled on the AVI file, with a Canon HV30 (60i).

I thought maybe it could be my RAID0 setup, but I tried capturing to a Ram Disk and the results were the same, although the garbling was slightly different. Firewire captures with HDLink are fine with both the HV and a Canon XH-A1. I tried changing the HDLink audio to 1 channel from 2 channel, but that made no difference. The only option left, which I haven't tried, is capturing via component and analog audio, but that sorta defeats the whole purpose.

I guess that one further question is that if I install a new build of NEO HD, do I have to uninstall and reinstall the BMD drivers, since you said, "order does matter"?

Tim Bucklin February 9th, 2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Bloomfield (Post 1008910)
I probably will file a support ticket on this, but since I saw this vaguely-related thread, I thought that I'd post here first. I have a BMD Intensity Pro, running under Vista x64, with the most recent drivers. It captures perfectly with BMD Media Express and it used to capture perfectly with HDLink (NEO HD). I haven't used the Intensity to capture in a while, but I tried it a few days ago with the most recent build of NEO HD and the sound was garbled on the AVI file, with a Canon HV30 (60i).

I thought maybe it could be my RAID0 setup, but I tried capturing to a Ram Disk and the results were the same, although the garbling was slightly different. Firewire captures with HDLink are fine with both the HV and a Canon XH-A1. I tried changing the HDLink audio to 1 channel from 2 channel, but that made no difference. The only option left, which I haven't tried, is capturing via component and analog audio, but that sorta defeats the whole purpose.

I guess that one further question is that if I install a new build of NEO HD, do I have to uninstall and reinstall the BMD drivers, since you said, "order does matter"?

Hi Jay,
I think David miss-typed. The order does not matter. HDLink only goes and looks for the BM software when it starts up, not on install, so you can uninstall/re-install them at will without having to be concerned about the other.

As far as your problem, can I assume you're doing live capture from the HV30? If you're capturing from tape, there's no benefit to HDMI over firewire. That being said, is there any difference with the audio when capturing live or from tape via HDMI? Include this info in your ticket if you have not done so already, as that is the best medium to get this resolved.
Thanks!

Jay Bloomfield February 10th, 2009 02:06 PM

Yep, live capture. I don't use it too frequently these days, so I guess I'll just stick to BMD Media Express for HDMI capture. The interesting thing, is that I can reconstruct the media graph with GraphEdit and it works fine, so I'm just curious about why HDLink is not giving me the correct audio. I disabled both the Decklink Preview in HDLink and also my sound card, but neither of those things made any difference. I'm guessing that it might be a codec issue.

Tyson Persall February 11th, 2009 08:14 PM

So are we confirming that my install order must be this;

1) PREMIERE CS3 > 2) CINEFORM PROSPECT HD > 3) BLACKMAGIC INTENSITY >

James Lynch February 15th, 2009 01:36 PM

I own Neo Scene and am trying the trial version of Prospect HD (after uninstalling Neo Scene).

My computer has the following:

Core 2 Quad Q6600@2.4Ghz
3 GB Ram
Windows XP SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
Black Magic Intensity Card
Prospect HD (Trial)
Adobe CS3

I am using a Canon HV 30 camera using the HDMI output plugged into the Intensity card.

I have followed the instructions in Cineform Intensity Tech Notes while trying to capture directly from the camera, but have only gotten a black screen when I open the file in CS3. What could be the problem?