DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Neo Scene and Elements 7? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/143006-neo-scene-elements-7-a.html)

Thomas Paulson February 3rd, 2009 07:49 PM

Neo Scene and Elements 7?

I have been trying out Neo Scene with Windows XP Pro (32) and Windows 7 (64). I can import and edit both AVI and m2t files into Premiere Pro 2.0 but Premiere Elements 7 will only edit the m2t files. When I try to import and place the AVI files into the timeline or monitor I get only a black screen. The audio shows up fine. I thought initially it was something with Windows 7 but the same thing happened when I switched Neo Scene over to Windows XP.

Anyone have any ideas what I did wrong. I had the import set to "Maintain source frame rate" since they say Elements will not handle 24p.

Also, the CFRepair tool doesn't work. There is no associated .vbs file in the Cineform\Tools folder.

I also noted that capturing directly to AVI went much better with Windows 7. In Windows XP I seemed to get a fair amount of breakup of the image unless I did the m2t and AVI conversions separately.

Sony GV-HD700 deck to Intel D975XBX2 Quad Core 2.66 with 2 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500.

David Newman February 3rd, 2009 10:03 PM

Make sure you using the latest NEO Scene release, only 1.0.3.106 added installer support for Elements 7. With the correct version, NEO Scene adds an importer to Elements 7 so it can play and edit CineForm AVI files. If you are running the latest Neo Scene, contact support as you may be missing a registry key.

Thomas Paulson February 3rd, 2009 10:51 PM

I can't find version that version on the web site. Only the one I have 1.0.2

Robin Davies-Rollinson February 4th, 2009 01:36 AM

Strange - I've only got version1.0.2 (downloaded last week) and it's running fine on PE7 as well as CS3 on a Vista 32bit Home Premium PC...

David Newman February 4th, 2009 09:10 AM

Oppps! that was supposed to be released a week (or two) ago, and I thought it was. You can get 1.0.3.106 from support, and we will have it officially linked in a few days.

Thomas Paulson February 4th, 2009 09:02 PM

Found it. Installed. But that still didn't solve the problem. Still get a blank video on the timeline of Elements 7 but no problem with Premiere Pro 2.0.

Can I copy the Cineform Plugins folder and file from Premiere Pro to Elements or do they have to be registered somehow?

Also, new problem. I get both an AVI and an m2t file even though I have selected the "Capture only m2t" option. And still no CFRepair.

David Newman February 5th, 2009 04:37 PM

Have you contacted support? CineForm Support

Thomas Paulson February 6th, 2009 11:20 AM

not yet. Guess I'll do that.

David Taylor February 6th, 2009 12:08 PM

Neo Scene Build 107 is now posted with correct installer support for Premiere Elements. A couple of other minor updates are also included. Link to download page: CineForm Downloads

We also reset the Trial security, so everybody can download Neo Scene and get 7 fully-functional Trial days, even if you had a previous version that expired.

Finally, and a separate subject, we are getting pretty close with our CS4 importer. Hopefully we'll have a beta version of that available within a few working days.

Thomas Paulson February 7th, 2009 11:54 AM

I downloaded this update but when installed it just reinstalls 1.0.3 build 106

David Newman February 7th, 2009 12:06 PM

The readme be was wrong, but it software show say 1.0.4.107 in the NEO Scene application (we never released 106 officially.)

Thomas Paulson February 7th, 2009 12:28 PM

Well, when I open NeoScene it says 1.0.3 on the opening window. And in the log, it confirms, 1.0.3, Build 106

David Newman February 7th, 2009 03:20 PM

Yes, version numbers are wrong, I have confirmed that. The code is updated, just reports the wrong version number. I will try have that fixed later today.

Thomas Paulson February 8th, 2009 12:52 PM

Support solved the Elements 7 problem. I had to load a file, im-CFHD_File_Import.prm, into the Elements Plug-ins\en_US folder.

Now, what about the Cineform AVI fixer? The command still looks for a target script file, CFRepairLaunch.vbs that doesn't exist.

Robin Davies-Rollinson February 9th, 2009 01:33 AM

Interesting point about importing material converted by Neo Scene into PE7.
Whereas with CS3, one has to create a desktop preset, in PE7 that choice isn't available, so which one to choose?
I've been using the AVCHD preset and it all seems to work fine. Is this the recommended one?