Issues Converting 2K RED Cam Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 4th, 2009, 09:58 AM   #1
Major Player

Issues Converting 2K RED Cam Footage

Posting this on behalf of a colleague who's experimenting with RED Cam video:

I'm trying to convert 2K footage form RED cam to 2K CineForm for editing in Premiere Pro CS3. Following the example of workflow from the CineForm website Red Workflow with Prospect 4K, I get an MOV file that seems OK.

The MOV has a running time of 3.52. Then using HDLink as suggested in the workflow I make an AVI of the clip (following the wrapping instructions). This creates an AVI of 7.52 second with massive audio distortion (loud hiss) and although I cannot hear clearly it sounds like audio playback is very slow. The AVI imports into Premiere with no audio and plays in Media Player up until 3.52 where the image freezes but loud hiss continues to play until end of clip at 7.52.

Any ideas on what the issue may be?
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #2

I've been trying to import 100mbps long form GOP MPEG2 into Cineform and experiencing the same problem. Random video/green screen and highly distorted audio.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase