can't activate Neo HD v3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 7th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #1
New Boot

can't activate Neo HD v3

After installing all kinds of codec's, tools and gawd knows what else kind of crap I just took a leap of faith and bought Neo HD v3 for my Canon 5D mov's. I just hope I can get the v4 native support soon (and for free :) )

The cineform workflow is, so far, the only workflow I liked considering speed, simplicity and quality. Of course it's hideously expensive for a pure simple amateur as myself (My first experience with video-editing has started with the 5D)
So far so good: At this point however, I'm stuck with the activation.

Steps:
- Bought it, got the T-shirt :) and the serial number
- Went to Register and Activate Your CineForm Product
- Entered my name and e-mail, serial number and the hardware fingerprint
- When I press submit, I get some weird server error (see text below) and no e-mail with my activation key.

Can you help me David? I wouldn't be too happy to wait until Monday (back to work again) while I was hoping to batch convert some files overnight and start with some editing tomorrow :(

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at formmail.monstercommerce.com Port 80
Taroen Pasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We are working on it, our ISP is not very friendly, and they have changed something they shouldn't have.
Old February 7th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #3
New Boot

Allright, I'll just wait until your ISP has sorted things out :)

Thanks for the quick reply David...
Taroen Pasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #4
Wrangler

Same for ProspectHD. I had previously deactivated to do some hardware upgrades, and now can't activate, so effectively locked out of my own editing suite.

Has your ISP given you any time estimates, or failing that, will you be executing a backup plan to get customers access to their software soon?
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Sponsor: CineForm

Anyone still experiencing this problem, send an email to support that includes your name, serial number and system code (hardware fingerprint). With that I can manually generate a key for you.
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #6
Wrangler

Looks like the server is still down this morning. Thanks much for the email option; will do.

Perhaps it is time to find a new ISP, or if you're locked in to the existing one for a while maybe maintain a ghost setup on a second ISP?
Old February 8th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #7
Major Player

Guys, I really apologize about the server problems. Our host, Network Solutions, without notification, removed some form submission features we use for activations/deactivations and for downloads. I mention them by name because they've done this to us before, and I don't recommend anybody do business with them.

While my frustration doesn't help you, at least it shows we're "with" you and working on it. We've had to redesign the way we process activations and deactivations. It should be back up tomorrow.

The short term workaround for downloads and updates is that I've provided a direct link for each product in the Downloads area: CineForm Downloads
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #8
Wrangler

Appreciate the straightforward info, David. Hope you're setting up your new activation system with a different ISP!

Water under the bridge for me at this point, but just FYI I did email my info first thing this AM for a manual activation as Jake had suggested and got no response back. I won't be editing in the next day or two, so again, it is no issue for me personally -- but there may be others out there losing time/money awaiting the aforementioned manual activation. Is that still available or should folks simply stand by for the new automated process sometime tomorrow?
Old February 9th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #9
Major Player

Activation / Deactivation now working!

Sorry for the problems with activation and deactivation the last three days. It's now back up and running!
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase