DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Raw Footage in AE and PPro CS3 Washed Out (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/143519-raw-footage-ae-ppro-cs3-washed-out.html)

Dean Gough February 11th, 2009 04:11 AM

Raw Footage in AE and PPro CS3 Washed Out

Hi, I've just installed the trial version of CINEFORM.PROSPECT.4K.v3.49.BUILD.193 and have noticed in AE that all and PPro CS3 that some imported RAW footage does not display correctly. The footage appears very washed out and low contrast. This also happens when playing any RAW clips in media player.

Any suggestions on the problem?

I did notice in Premiere that the file metadata was missing a reference to the "default.look"

David Newman February 11th, 2009 09:55 AM

Is that a legal vision, as the they way you describe the product name is the way the pirate sites list the software, if you are using that you are on your own. CineForm doesn't list the software that way. We do offer a legal trial, please use that.

Dean Gough February 11th, 2009 04:17 PM

No David, definitely downloaded off your site a couple of days ago. Not sure if you have IP logging but I could PM my IP to confirm. The description was copied and pasted from a search engine after trying to resolve the problem myself.

I'm going to uninstall and reload and see if that solves the issue.

Will post the results, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1010244)
Is that a legal vision, as the they way you describe the product name is the way the pirate sites list the software, if you are using that you are on your own. CineForm doesn't list the software that way. We do offer a legal trial, please use that.

David Newman February 11th, 2009 05:59 PM

OK, we have fighting off bunch of hacked (poor I might add) versions. Sorry to be so short with you.

re: "The footage appears very washed out and low contrast."

It is supposed to, that is what a good RAW source should look like if it has a high dynamic range. Use 3D LUTs through Active Metadata the image can be developed to look correct for any target output device (such as Film or REC709 broadcast.)

Dean Gough February 11th, 2009 08:06 PM

Thats perfectly understandable David, no apology necessary, no offence was taken. For what its worth I think its very reasonably priced considering its features and appears to be well supported on this forum and with updates. Unfortunately there are always going to be people who want something for nothing, ironically I doubt they will ever use its capabilities anyway or be successful with it anyway.

Anyhow, after a bit of thought I had come to the same conclusion. I had tried setting alternative "looks" in the metadata which gave me what I "expected" to see. I tinkit may have something to do with the "default.look" being missing.

I assume there is a default "look" attached or referenced in the RAW file and if it doesn't find it, the image reverts to displaying the low contrast version?

I know I'm oversimplifying :-)