DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   NeoHD doesn't recognize m2t files (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/143759-neohd-doesnt-recognize-m2t-files.html)

Tomer Stolz February 14th, 2009 12:05 AM

NeoHD doesn't recognize m2t files

Just downloaded the trail version for mac, and all the m2t files I want to convert are grayed out and cannot be imported into ReMaster.

Anyone else experienced this?

Hans van Turnhout February 14th, 2009 04:24 AM

Yes, I have the same problem with the registered version. Filed a ticket with Cineform but the problem as such never got resolved. My understanding is that ReMaster "only" handles files that can be read/played by QT. My PP CS4 HDV files don't play in QT (although they play fine in PP). The funny thing is that the m2t files captured by PP CS4 on a Mac can be read by NeoHD win version and converted to mov-files in windows (I use bootcamp for this purpose). This method (converting to mov under win) is hazzle but it works. I'm an old PC user who recently converted to Mac. Bought the Neo version before it was finally released for Mac and then got a free upgrade to the Mac version. Not sure if this still applies, i.e. that you still get both the win and the Mac version of the program.

//Hans

Brian Parker February 14th, 2009 10:14 AM

It does now! :)

I've just tested it and it works perfectly. It generates thumbnails for the m2ts files (in remaster) too.

I do wonder how it achieves this though. For windows we have to install our own filters and ensure that our avcHD files playback through directshow before HDlink can touch them. Has cineform licensed the decoders required to handle the m2ts files for mac? Or is it using the PPro/FCP's playback engine? Is there any way that we can utilize Remaster's ability to handle the m2ts files to somehow make them playable in Quicktime too?

Regardless, I am a much happier man. I bought NeoHD about 5 months ago and have been waiting for this day ever since.

Craig Davidson February 14th, 2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomer Stolz (Post 1011844)
Just downloaded the trail version for mac, and all the m2t files I want to convert are grayed out and cannot be imported into ReMaster.

Anyone else experienced this?

m2t or m2ts? If it is m2t, send a sample to support.

Craig Davidson February 14th, 2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Parker (Post 1011973)
It does now! :)

I've just tested it and it works perfectly. It generates thumbnails for the m2ts files (in remaster) too.

I do wonder how it achieves this though. For windows we have to install our own filters and ensure that our avcHD files playback through directshow before HDlink can touch them. Has cineform licensed the decoders required to handle the m2ts files for mac? Or is it using the PPro/FCP's playback engine? Is there any way that we can utilize Remaster's ability to handle the m2ts files to somehow make them playable in Quicktime too?

Regardless, I am a much happier man. I bought NeoHD about 5 months ago and have been waiting for this day ever since.

There is no way to make the files playable in QuickTime. It does not use the PPro/FCP engine since NeoScene is designed to be used with iMovie.

Hans van Turnhout February 14th, 2009 11:13 AM

Brian,

Are you talking about m2t files captured by PremierePro CS4 (Mac-version) or are your talking about files captured by another program. I'm asking since my files still isn't seen/recognized by NeoHD (ver 2.30 build 76). The files comes from a Sony HDV camera (HVR-Z1U).

//Hans

Craig Davidson February 14th, 2009 11:44 AM

Hans,
It may be as simple as the file extension. Try renaming the file to MTS or m2ts. It was posted as a "public beta" for a reason. Let us know what the result is. If it does not work, please send a file to CineForm support.
Thanks

Hans van Turnhout February 14th, 2009 12:07 PM

Craig,

Gave two files new extensions. The funny thing is that these files are no longer greyed out and I can select the files but then nothing happens. A couple of weeks ago I did send a short clip of one of the files to Cineform but they could not solve the problem.

//Hans

Craig Davidson February 14th, 2009 12:49 PM

Hans,
Thanks for trying that. I will need to track the files down.
Craig

Tomer Stolz February 14th, 2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans van Turnhout (Post 1012035)
Craig,

Gave two files new extensions. The funny thing is that these files are no longer greyed out and I can select the files but then nothing happens.

//Hans

Just tried this out, I have the same exact problem. Doesn't make sense to me, since importing and converting m2t files is what the software should all be about.

Craig - where do I send a sample file to?

Brian Parker February 14th, 2009 11:21 PM

I am using Remaster for Mac Neo HD. I am using m2ts files copied from a cheap hf100 avcHD camera. I dont capture any files.

Everything is working very well. Files show up, are selectable in the list. Paramaters are editbale per file, and the files convert without problems.

Tomer Stolz February 15th, 2009 03:27 PM

Just tested the same m2t files with a software called "ClipWrap" and it worked fine, must be something on cineform's end...