Cineform and CS3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 16th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Cineform and CS3

Hi

I use cineform Prospect 4K and AfterEffects CS3 on XP 32 Bit. When I capture a tape from the camera and convert it via HD Link I can play the files in Windows Media Player 10 or 11 without any problems. When I import thees files in AE CS3 and then render out a cineform avi I can't play them in Media Player. Does anybody has a hint on this?

Fritz
Ffritz Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 02:17 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

From AE only use the "CineForm AVI" output module within the render queue. If you use AE Video For Windows exporter, it is bugging for large files (just too old an AVI format basically.) If you were using the correct output module, file a trouble ticket with cineform.com/support and upload a short sample that has the issue.
Old February 16th, 2009, 06:44 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I am concerned. I thought with NeoScene 1.1 if I export from Premiere (either CS3 or CS3) we are using VfW.
Also, is VfW 8bit only? NeoScene captures with 10bit correct? So if I do color corrections,and other edits, then want to export the entire timeline as a Cineform AVI (for archieving as an example) what will be the final w
Is there the same problem as with AE?

Thanks.

Last edited by Andy Urtusuastegui; February 16th, 2009 at 07:29 PM.
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If you want 10-bit out of AE you need at least NEO HD. Neo Scene was designed for the hobbiest / casual user, those needing 10-bit exports are you clearly are above this category. Yes the VfW interface is limited to 8-bit per channel (or 24/32-bit RGB.) Under NEO HD we include DirectShow encoder that support deeper pixel formats via a custom export module included in our higher-end PC tools.
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks for the answer David

I do the export from AE CS3 as you mentioned above with the "CineForm AVI" ouput module. I found out, that when the file is small (12MB) then I can play it in the MediaPlayer. When the file is bigger (> 120MB) it won't play in the media player. When I export from PremierePro there is no such problem. As well when I import the file previously exported from AE in Premiere and render it again it works as well. The AE and the PP exporter are not the same?
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

They are not the same.

Send samples to support, as that doesn't make sense.
Old February 17th, 2009, 02:37 AM   #7
New Boot

OK. Then I will try to generate some files and send them to the cineform support.
Thanks for your help.
Old February 17th, 2009, 04:08 AM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
If you want 10-bit out of AE you need at least NEO HD. Neo Scene was designed for the hobbiest / casual user

David, what about working with Neo Scene files within Premiere Pro CS3 - are they 10-bit? In other words, am I dealing with "better" files for colour correction etc than if I just did a native import of HDV?
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:09 AM   #9
New Boot

David

I used the player you mentioned in another post (Media Player Classic) and the files from AE CS3 (Cineform) are all OK. They just don't play in MS Media Player. On another PC with NEO Player installed they work Media Player, so I think there is a configuration issue on the pc with Prospect installed. My problem is solved and I am very very happy with cineform.

Fritz
Ffritz Arn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase