Cineform rendered timeline - why render again on export? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 18th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Cineform rendered timeline - why render again on export?

I normally render my timelines due to number of effects applied to get a correct preview - I assume this is fully rendered data on my HDD.

If I export timeline to CFHD - why does Cinemform take so long rendering it again? When I used to have a Matrox if did not re-render unless I changed something.

Will Cineform address this? It will save everyone hours and hours.
Deniz Ahmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No, as Adobe removed the feature in the next release. You could also find an external tool to do an AVI join.
Old February 19th, 2009, 09:11 AM   #3
Regular Crew

David

I'm using NEO Scene. I captured to CFI in High quality with "enable smart render" turned on, then did simple cuts and sound sweetening in Vegas 8c, then rendered in High quality CFI. It took a long time, and was obviously re-rendering the video. Isn't NEO Scene supposed to smart render in this instance? I seem to remember NEO HDV doing so in the past.
Old February 19th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes that should have worked. I can only guess there was a setting mismatch some where. Load the source into VirtualDub to confirm that every frame is a key frame, if so then the file is set up for smart rendering. If not report a bug to support.
Old February 19th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I downloaded virtualdub and loaded a source clip. Never having used virtualdub, I don't know how to use it to determine that every frame of the source clip is an I frame?

Thanks for your help.
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The frame number on the bottom of the display will show "Frame 8 (0:00:00.334) [K]" for a key frame and "Frame 9 (0:00:00.375) []" for a non-key-frame (or 'p' frame.) If you only see [K], you have a smart renderable file.
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Regular Crew

David - Whoa - Will the Forthcoming Prospect 4k Work with Render from Premier CS4

If I read the posts in this thread correctly (and there is hopefully a good chance that I have not) when the new, modified (?rebuilt) Cineform Prospect 4k finally (soon, we ALL hope) comes out, we will not be able to use it to render from the time line in Adobe Premiere CS4. Specifically what I have in mind is using Prospect 4k to render from Premiere
CS4 timeline at 1920x1080 30p to 720x480 30p for using Adobe Encore CS4 to render MPEG2 for DVDs. Will this be possible, or in order to do this, must we use some other application?
William Urschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Yes that should have worked. I can only guess there was a setting mismatch some where. Load the source into VirtualDub to confirm that every frame is a key frame, if so then the file is set up for smart rendering. If not report a bug to support.
Virtualdub shows it to be NOT smart renderable--frames alternate as [K] [] [K] [] ...
I've submitted a ticket to support.
Old February 20th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Cineform tech support advised that they have found the bug and will release a new build with a fix next week.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase