DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Can I Run NEOHDV and NEO Scene at Same time (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/144071-can-i-run-neohdv-neo-scene-same-time.html)

Chris Barcellos February 18th, 2009 01:29 PM

Can I Run NEOHDV and NEO Scene at Same time

I have NeoHDV, and like the resizing capablities, and other selectable features contained in the program. My recollection of the NeoScene trial is that those capabilities are gone.

I now am going to get into the Canon 5D II, and I understand Neo Scene is capable of handling the output files.

Is there a way I can run both on board my editing system ?

David Newman February 18th, 2009 04:25 PM

Yes, I think so, Neo Scene is a little different so that it will likely co-exist (I've never tried.) And the newer components is NEO Scene should be backward compatible with NEO HDV. Try it. Install NEO Scene over NEO HDV (not the other way around) and tell everyone what you find.

Chris Barcellos February 18th, 2009 04:33 PM

Okay, when my camera arrives, I will try it out then. I expect a couple of days wait....

Chris Barcellos February 26th, 2009 04:45 PM

Just to let others know, I have downloaded latest version of NeoScene that has been posted to help Premiere users, but I use Vegas. I was having problems getting the earlier version of Scene to work. (I am still on trial versions)

I actually had NeoScene loaded side by side with my Neo HDV, as David Newman had suggested to try above. It would not convert my first test 5Dii files and kept crashing.

After loading the latest version, after uninstalling NeoHDV, conversions are fine, and even show the wider range we have been looking for to show up, at least on the highlight side. I confirmed this by laying original camera footage and the converted files over each other on two time lines, and toggled back and forth between the two. The converted files showed more detail in the highlights and weren't blown out.

I will be trying to get NeoScene to operate side by side with NeoHDV by reinstalling Neo HDV tonight. Hopefully the two will run side by side, because I like the size conversion utilities that are available only on NeoHDV.

Chris Barcellos March 2nd, 2009 02:50 PM

I just reinstalled NeoHDV to try to run it beside by trial version of Neo Scene. When the reinstall came up, it called for installation to go into NeoScene. I changed it to go into NeoHDV subfolder.

I then tried to convert some things in NeoHDV, and it kept refusing, and reporting error. I am concluding that the two will not likely reside and work properly on the same machine. Can anybody from Cineform comment.

David Newman March 2nd, 2009 02:54 PM

My post on this "Install NEO Scene over NEO HDV (not the other way around) ..."

Chris Barcellos March 2nd, 2009 02:55 PM

Okay, I will try that.

Chris Barcellos March 2nd, 2009 03:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, uninstalled everything. Reinstalled Neo HDV first. Tested it, and it converted a file fine (A cineform capture, and I told it to remove pulldown) .

1. I then installed Neo Scene. In the installation, it defaulted to the Neo HDV directory. I let it do that. Then when I tried to call the HDLink up, it brought up the Neo Scene trial, and I could not call NeoHDV.

2. I uninstalled all, and reinstalled NeoHDV again, in a NeoHDV directory. I ran a conversion.. Worked fine again. I then reinstalled NeoScene. This time I selected a separate NeoScene directory to install into. I called up NeoHDV by its separate NeoHDV HDlink, and when I try conversion, I get the error message produced in the jpeg below. In addition, Neo Scene stops working also. See the error it show in second jpeg.

Any other way to go ?

Edit: After uninstalling NeoHDV, I tried to use NeoScene to convert a 5D file, and it still errored out. I uninstalled, and reinstalled, and it worked fine again.

David Newman March 2nd, 2009 03:37 PM

Oh well. Sorry about that. When NEO HD v4 is out, you will want to upgrade to that anyway, solving the issue.

Chris Barcellos March 2nd, 2009 03:41 PM

Thanks David. Meantime, I will just keep Neo HDV uninstalled, and if I need coversion, reinstall temporarily...

Mark Holmes March 3rd, 2009 05:42 PM

Hey David, similar situation here. I have Neo HD and want to try converting the 5D MKII files before I buy the camera. From what I understand here, installing NeoScene will break Neo HD, which I use regularly for capturing from my HV20. So I guess my only option is to wait for the next update of Neo HD. Any idea when that will be released? And will it be a free update to my Neo HD? I believe my version is 3.49.

Chris Barcellos March 3rd, 2009 05:45 PM

Mark, one thing you can do is have NeoHD loaded for most applications, and when you want to capture stuff from your MKII, uninstall, install NeoScene, do your thing, uninstall, and reinstall. Its a pain, but the install times are rapid, at least with NeoHDV and NeoScene...