Neo Scene: 99.95 + 12.95 shipping at Video Guys at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Neo Scene: 99.95 + 12.95 shipping at Video Guys

Saw this today: Videoguys Blog

I had this in a cart ready to go until i saw it wasnt a download. Instead you pay shipping.

Still, Saves about 16 bucks. Not sure how long the offer lasts.
Rich Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:09 PM   #2
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

It is a download. we don't charge any shipping when we process the order. unfortunately current cart system doesn't allow for us to process download as a shipping code. Our new cart (and website) coming soon will.

Gary
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Castro View Post
Saw this today: Videoguys Blog

I had this in a cart ready to go until i saw it wasnt a download. Instead you pay shipping.

Still, Saves about 16 bucks. Not sure how long the offer lasts.
I bought it there last week. On the main page it was listed as an "electronic download" or something like that. I just looked and noticed that the listing has changed and doesn't seem to mention that it's a download anymore. I ordered it and there were no options for "electronic download" so I selected standard UPS and then fired off an e-mail asking why I was charged shipping for an electronic download. They responded the next day and reversed the shipping charge and I got it for the $99.95 price. Shortly after that, somebody e-mailed my serial number to me. I'm not sure why they've removed the "electronic download" notation unless they are now shipping out cd roms with the software.
Keith Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #4
New Boot

%!&@#*!

I just bought this off the Cineform website at full price!
Can I return and re-purchase?
Brad Pritchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It cost everyone more in time, including yourself, to try mess with it, so sorry no. The product is priced agressively, such that we would make nothing as soon as we have to mess-around with credit transactions. I hope you understand. It is the world of the internet, someone will alwas have it cheaper, and we don't compete with our own reseller channel.
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:50 PM   #6

Brad,

I hear your frustration, but that's not good business for Cineform or Videoguys. I wouldn't want to have that be how we get your business. Even though you paid a bit more, you will immediately see the benefit of NeoScene and realize it is worth every penny.

The folks at Cineform have given us the opportunity to price NeoScene very aggressively. The reason is to increase sales by tapping into our extensive customer base. Over the years we've sold a ton of Premiere, Vegas and Final Cut. Many of these folks find they have an awesome new HD camera that takes incredible pictures- but it uses AVCHD compression which is a royal pain in the butt to edit. NeoScene is the solution they need!

On a side note, I want your business. So give me a call and order some G-Tech storage or other gear for your NLE suite and I'll give ya free ground shipping. Just mention this thread.

Gary
Old February 25th, 2009, 01:14 AM   #7
Major Player

I ordered over 24 hours ago... so far no charge has been made to my credit card and I've not received any software, a link to the software, or even my key to unlock the Cineform trial I have installed.

I'm more used to getting instant gratification when I purchase a download.

Julian
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #8
Major Player

UPDATE:

I received my link to download the app today, and a serial number. Unfortunately, the version I was given is an older version (1.02) rather than version 1.10 which I downloaded from the Cineform web site last week and am already using as a Trial. To activate the trial, I need a serial number AND an Activation Key, which I did not get. I don't want to install a problematic older version, when I know the newer version works!

I've written to Video Guys to ask about this.

Julian
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #9
Major Player

Jon, from VideoGuys, replied that I needed to contact Cineform to get help. I was able to work out a solution myself, so for anyone else who may find themselves in this same situation, here's what I did:

I started by installing the Trial version downloaded from Cineform's web site, then bought the software from VideoGuys.com. VideoGuys gave me a serial number, but not the activation code required to register the Trial version.

I went to Cineform's web site and looked at their FAQ, which took me to this page: Activate

I entered my name, serial number and Windows System Code (found on Neo Scene Trial's Activation page) and submitted the form. I got an email from Cineform a few minutes later with an Activation Code. I then went back to Neo Scene and entered all 3 pieces of information and successfully registered/activated my software.

Julian
Old February 27th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Why are they ( Video Guys ) still charging for shipping on the web site...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #11
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
Why are they ( Video Guys ) still charging for shipping on the web site...
Please read post #2 in this thread by Gary.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 05:52 AM   #12

i know, I know. We can't make the current shopping cart system handle the fact that downloads do not have shipping. We will be able to with our new website and cart although I do not believe we've activted teh electronic download shipping yet.

For those who want to see our new look - the beta site lives at Videoguys.com

Gary
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:17 PM   #13
Regular Crew

After purchase, who sends the serial number... Cineform or Video Guys...

Bought yesterday... still no serial number... just curious before the trial expires...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM   #14
CTO, CineForm Inc.

From whoever you purchased from.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:30 PM   #15

If you buy frm us, we send the serial number. We were shut down today by the big snow storm that hit. we'll be back Tues. morning and we'll get your serial number right ot to you.

Gary

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase