AVCHD Conversion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 24th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

AVCHD Conversion

I was attempting to convert AVCHD files to Cineform files and was receiving errors. I submitted a ticket and the response was I need a AVCHD decoder. Premiere CS3 comes with one that is HDLINK compatible, but I have CS4 installed. Cineform recommends either CS3 or purchasing one - here is Cineforms web page about it:
AVCHD File Conversion
I am wondering if anyone else has a decoder they use - or maybe I should install Premiere CS3 - any thoughts?
Tom Santopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

CoreAVC is supposed to work the best with HDLink/Cineform

CoreAVC.com: World's Fastest High Definition H.264 Video Software Decoder

If you get it, be sure to buy the PRO version $14.95.
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:51 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Tom, we can't convert with the current demo that is out, keeps on getting errors or crashes with a windows error log.
Rob O'Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 10:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Rob,
I purchased the pro version, installed it and I no longer get errors but after 20min of trying to convert a AVCHD file it just hangs saying converting - nothing happens. My processors are at 1%! I wonder if anyone can convert a AVCHD file?
Tom Santopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Santopolo View Post
Rob,
I purchased the pro version, installed it and I no longer get errors but after 20min of trying to convert a AVCHD file it just hangs saying converting - nothing happens. My processors are at 1%! I wonder if anyone can convert a AVCHD file?
An older release before Christmas worked on my machine when I tried converting my HF11 files, so yes it DID work but something changed.
Rob O'Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob O'Day View Post
An older release before Christmas worked on my machine when I tried converting my HF11 files, so yes it DID work but something changed.
I have been converting HF10 files okay with the new version 1.1.2. I have two computers with this version and they both do okay with these AVCHD files.

However with one computer that has CoreAVC installed I don't get the audio file. (But the other computer that doesn't have CoreAVC installed generates the audio file okay.) My work around is to pull off the audio from the MOV file.
Charles W. Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #7
Major Player

NEO Scene has its own built-in h.264 decoder (MainConcept). You don't need CoreAVC on a PC with NEO Scene installed and what's happening is that the CoreAVC decoder is being used because it has a higher priority (filter merit). Try either uninstalling CoreAVC or setting its priority lower. It has a checkbox setting to do so.

You can test the media graph with GSpot to see how each computer is rendering specific media files:

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

A similar program to change DirectShow filter merits is filmerit:

Filmerit

Finally you can create and test DirectShow media graphs with the Microsoft utility GraphEdit:

GraphEdit
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I removed CoreAVC , NewScene, the reinstalled NeoScene.

I just finished converting some HMC150 sample AVCHD footage. Worked great and looks fantastic.
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase