Neo Scene 1.1.2 release for Windows - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 1st, 2009, 01:43 AM   #16
Major Player

Ok, so I've had a chance to look more carefully at my "Messy" system. Guess what? I have Nero 7 Ultra installed on it, not Nero 5 as I thought! It's been a long time since I last updated it, and I didn't think I'd updated it that far.

So, Nero 7 seems to be a common issue after all.

Julian
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 11:00 AM   #17
Major Player

Just aquick update:

I removed Nero 7 Ultra... And Neo Scene works perfectly!

I reinstalled Nero 7 Ultra and it went back to its old problems (very large files, slow etc).

Look like there definitely is a problem with the two co-existing on the same Windows XP installation.

Julian

Last edited by Julian Frost; March 1st, 2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added reinstallation of Nero info
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 03:40 PM   #18
New Boot

Thanks David for your answer.

I don't think that my PC or any of its component is bottlenecled. Indeed, I can play smoothly the Canon 5D Mk II files (MOV) without any trouble with my laptop (a dual core 2.8 GHz) on my external RAID disk (7200rpm). Moreover the CF AVI files play perfectly well within Movie Maker.

I have SUPER C and MediaCoder installed... Do you think tehy can be at the origine of my difficulties?

I'm looking forward to testing the CS4 importer!

Thanks,

Guillaume
Guillaume Roques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 05:23 PM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

This is the lesson, don't use Window Media Player, nothing good comes out of that product. Download and use Media Player Classic.
Old March 1st, 2009, 05:47 PM   #20
New Boot

I tried Media Player Classic and the output was similar and even worst. Then I applied your recommendation and switch from Quality to Fast mode.... The videos play well both on WMP and MPC now... Thanks.
What is the difference with Quality mode? Indeed, why am I not able to play CF video in Quality mode where I can play the original MOV file out of the camera without any issues? I thought that CF format was easier to decode than the original H264 format.

Guillaume
Guillaume Roques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 06:42 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume Roques View Post
I have 2 issues with the last version (1.1.2) of Neo Scene on my laptop:

2)I got an error message with CS4 Premiere Pro when trying to import a clip: "ImporterProcessServer.exe has topped working....."
3)After the message above I get another error message saying: "File Video dimensions (width/height) too large"
I've got similar issues with my computer. As per a previous post of mine, I ended up removing almost everything on my computer, and reinstalling CS4 without the 4.0.1 update.

Installed the new version of 1.1.2 NeoScene. Brought up a old project, and within a few seconds got the ImporterProcessServer.exe error again.

Reading David's response, I noticed that you said to not use a extrral esata HD, so I'm currently moving all the files to a HD inside my computer and will report back.
Amish Solanki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 07:02 PM   #22
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Guillaume,

Yes, doesn't make sense, although the fast mode is using wavelet partial res decoding, something AVCHD can't do, so that mode is a lot faster (and doesn't impact the quality of your timeline renders.)

Amish,

We have nothing against external drives, and we use them all the time, but they can be cause of issues so it worth testing without them if you are having problems.
Old March 1st, 2009, 07:08 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Amish,

We have nothing against external drives, and we use them all the time, but they can be cause of issues so it worth testing without them if you are having problems.
Yup no problem, I'm all about the process of elimination. Restarted my comp, moved the entire project folder to a internal HD. Opened the project, and on load, ImporterProcessServer.exe showed it's ugly face. It then asked me where the 'rendered' files were, so I pointed them to the correct place, but doing so, gave me a 'file import failure' with the error message "File video dimensions(width/height) too large.
Old March 1st, 2009, 07:12 PM   #24
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Solanki View Post
Yup no problem, I'm all about the process of elimination. Restarted my comp, moved the entire project folder to a internal HD. Opened the project, and on load, ImporterProcessServer.exe showed it's ugly face. It then asked me where the 'rendered' files were, so I pointed them to the correct place, but doing so, gave me a 'file import failure' with the error message "File video dimensions(width/height) too large.
Time to file a report with Adobe as that component is not us.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:36 AM   #25
Major Player

Hi David.

I already bought ProspectHD (as an upgrade to Aspect).

I'm working with a lot of 5D footage now and wanted to ask if I still need NeoScene?

Thanks!

(working on CS3)
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:11 AM   #26
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Jason,
You don't need Neo Scene, Prospect and NEO HD can be used to convert 5D footage today with a little effect. This will get simpler with the next release which adds direct 5D support to all our products.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:29 AM   #27
Regular Crew

thanks for the great update, you guys are great about staying ontop of customer issues and questions. Would cineform consider adding an imageflip to Neo Scene for 35mm adapter users, or is that only available in your more advanced products?

Thanks,
Ed
Ed Kishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 10:52 AM   #28
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Kishel View Post
thanks for the great update, you guys are great about staying ontop of customer issues and questions. Would cineform consider adding an imageflip to Neo Scene for 35mm adapter users, or is that only available in your more advanced products?

Thanks,
Ed
+1 this request ;)
Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:49 PM   #29
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If you want image flip, you are not the consumer that Neo Scene is designed for, you need NEO HD.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:19 PM   #30
Regular Crew

the features (4.2.2 and 10bit) and the video quality (excellent) put Neo around the Prosumer category IMO- but you cant blame a guy for trying :)
Ed Kishel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase