Cineform Aspect After Effects 6.5 workflow at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 4th, 2009, 02:50 AM   #1
Tourist

Cineform Aspect After Effects 6.5 workflow

Hello

I use Premiere Pro 1.5 with the HDV Cineform Aspect plugin to capture from my Sony FX1.

I want to know the best workflow for exporting and importing between P.Pro and After Effects 6.5.

The main problem I have is that my After Effects wont recognise the Cineform codec. Is that right, or has there been an error with the install? If I wish to create a video (say some graphics) in After Effects and export, to then import into Premiere Pro, I cannot render out to Cineform, as it does not give that option in the codec drop down list under "Video For Windows".

The 2nd problem is pixel aspect ratio. After Effects does not give a 1.33 option so I will have to scale it all the time - this may lead to artifacting?

I do have Premiere Pro CS3 also, but this captures mt2 transport stream, at 1.33 also I am assuming - and this cannot be imported to after effects either.

Surely there is a simple way around this?

Any advice would be very very helpful. (I have already been told to upgrade, but until I can afford to, I am stuck with this)

Many thanks

James
James Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

AE 6.5 should be using the CineForm codec. Try a reinstall of Aspect HD.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase