DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Windows Premiere Pro CS4 Importer Beta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/145648-windows-premiere-pro-cs4-importer-beta.html)

Adam Gold March 21st, 2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde DeSouza (Post 1031295)
In Premiere, you cant import files bigger than 4gb in size.

Really? Is this true? Are you sure your HDD isn't FAT32? I've never heard of this (which of course means nothing...). Big files are no problem in CS3; is this a CS4 bug?

Edwin Baldwin March 21st, 2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde DeSouza (Post 1031295)
In Premiere, you cant import files bigger than 4gb in size. It truncates the video.

I have not tried to import CF files > 4G in PP CS4 but I just imported a 16GB DV file with no problems.

Brant Gajda March 21st, 2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Hodson (Post 1030991)
Curious how you got 16GB on your i7 platform. What's your memory configuration. Did you abandon triple channel?

I mistyped. I have 12GB which is the max on the ASUS P6T Deluxe board.

Clyde DeSouza March 22nd, 2009 12:24 AM

Yes unfortunately its true. It's been confirmed by CF support on a ticket.
They working on it. I;m just depressed as I'm delayed a week now and it's the first time im working with CF (since some source material of mine is in ACVHD).
I think its a bug in the background CF importer routie for cs4. Playing teh same file in windows media player etc works just fine.

CF codec without doubt is THE method for working with AVCHD.
and no, My drives are not FAT 32 heheh :-)
I'm going to get a Mini-G raid soon, so hopefully will see if that makes a difference to letting me play at least 2 streams of HD sized CF encoded video, with 50% opacity in realtime at full res.

Regards

David Newman March 22nd, 2009 09:56 AM

The speed of the importer is mostly Adobe, not CineForm, as it Prospect HD we can play 3X the number layers. This has always been the case. CineForm can't fix Adobe's native playback mode, only replace some of the parts that don't work so well with a custom play module (not yet for CS4.) The CS4 importer is not designed for speed, although it is pretty fast, the multi-layer laying engine in Adobe has always been slow. The Prospect accelerator is coming to CS4, just other projects and NAB are taking priority.

Basically I'm describing way people use Prospect HD over NEO HD in Premiere CS2/3, the same will be true for CS4.

Matt Vanecek March 22nd, 2009 08:17 PM

I just installed CS4 today, and am curious about what method is used to import the files into PPro CS4. Is a specific preset used (e.g., HDV)? I find that I have problems opening up existing CF projects in CS4 (CS4 just crashes), after having placed the the DLL and PRM in the specified locations...also, I don't see Cineform as one of the supported import options.

Thanks,
Matt

Jake Segraves March 23rd, 2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Vanecek (Post 1031834)
I just installed CS4 today, and am curious about what method is used to import the files into PPro CS4. Is a specific preset used (e.g., HDV)? I find that I have problems opening up existing CF projects in CS4 (CS4 just crashes), after having placed the the DLL and PRM in the specified locations...also, I don't see Cineform as one of the supported import options.

Thanks,
Matt

Presets will come later. For now we are focusing on the importer. You can create your own sequence presets however. Use 'Desktop' for the Editing Mode, and since the CineForm Codec is not available in the Preview File Format option, just use 'I-Frame Only MPEG'. Make all the other settings match your source footage and then save the preset.

Marty Hudzik March 23rd, 2009 08:07 PM

OK. So how bad have I screwed things up? I had to uninstall Prospect and reinstall for CS3 and forgot and when it installed all the plugins and setup went into CS4 instead of CS3! How can I fix this? Can I uninstall and somehow force the next install to go to CS3 instead? There must be some way to fix this without removing CS4.

Thanks in advance.

David Newman March 23rd, 2009 08:40 PM

New beta

Here is an update to the beta (yes it updates the old link.)

http://miscdata.com/cineform/CFHD_CS4_importer.zip

Still a vanilla importer with no installer.
It contains:
CFHDDecoder.dll
CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm
CFHD_MOV_Importer.prm

Added:
* An MOV importer for PC users accessing CineForm files created on a Mac.

Fixes:
* No more issues with long files.
* Wouldn't import all CineForm AVIs.
* Various stability fixes.

The DLL must be installed in you execution path, if you don't know which directories are in this path, use c:\windows\system32. DO REMEMBER where you put it as it will need to be deleted before installing any official CS4 supporting installers, just in case. You have been warned.

The PRM filex goes in
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore

Remove any our *CFHD*.prm file you might find.

Then start up PPro CS4.

David Newman March 24th, 2009 10:39 PM

We need the file as the memory leak is not happening here and for others. Use yousendit.com and send the file with these issues to support.

Clyde DeSouza March 25th, 2009 07:41 AM

> 4gb import solved

I can confirm that for me, using the new Neoscene importer in Premiere Cs4 on vista 64 system, th entire file is now importing proper on the timeline.
(previously it was getting truncated to around 18 seconds if the clip size was bigger than 4 gb).

Many thanks for this fix and CF support.

P.s I was reading somewhere about something about Cineform 3d? or am i just a bit confused about some other subject?
If not, is there something in the pipleine for Stereosocpic 3d support?

David Newman March 25th, 2009 08:42 AM

Clyde,

Thanks for the report of another sucessful fix.

Off Topic (not for discussion in this thread): Our way cool Stereo/3D annoucements are coming in about a week -- in the meantime we a wooing the Hollywood crowd with tech previews.

Marty Hudzik March 25th, 2009 07:14 PM

Maybe this will help with issues with the mediacore folder not being present. I had the folder and then it disappeared. I had installed Magic Bullet, thinking it was going to my CS3 install. Because CS4 took over, the magic bullet plugins went to CS4 and were in the CS4 mediacore folder. I uninstalled magic bullet and the CS4 mediacore folder was gone. Upon reinstalling it is back. Apparently the reg key that points to your plugins created it automatically if it is not there.

Not sure why it would disappear but it did. Perhaps installing a plugin into CS4 will create it for those of you who don't have it there by default.

Good Luck.

Brant Gajda March 26th, 2009 06:44 AM

The only problem is that I have zero plugins, and it wasn't there in the first place.

Tim Veal March 28th, 2009 09:54 PM

I also don't have the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore. I don't even have a Common folder. This is a fresh install on WinXP. I do have Magic Bullet and Trapcode plugins installed for AE, but none for Premiere. Is it better to create the folders or to put the prm file into the individual plugin folders for Premiere, AE, and Encore?