DV Info Net

DV Info Net (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Windows Premiere Pro CS4 Importer Beta (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/145648-windows-premiere-pro-cs4-importer-beta.html)

David Newman March 11th, 2009 10:28 PM

Windows Premiere Pro CS4 Importer Beta
 
For those who can't wait any longer:

http://miscdata.com/cineform/CFHD_CS4_importer.zip

It is the vanilla importer with no installer.
It contains:
CFHDDecoder.dll
CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm

The DLL must be installed in you execution path, if you don't know which directories are in this path, use c:\windows\system32. DO REMEMBER where you put it as it will need to be deleted before installing any official CS4 supporting installers, just in case. You have been warned.

The PRM file goes in
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore

Remove any our *CFHD*.prm file you might find.

Then start up PPro CS4.

This importer supports all the 32-bit float formats and a few other deep pixel formats, so it is a lot better than using the VfW codec many are currently using.

Brant Gajda March 12th, 2009 06:58 AM

Great news! Do you have any time frame on when the final will be released?

Marty Hudzik March 12th, 2009 07:43 AM

Thanks. Sorry to ask such a stupid question but where do we stand with after effects? Obviously this is intended for Premiere but I'd love to get a few of these clips into AE also.

Is that already supported? I wouldn't think so but thought I'd ask.

Thanks again.

Stephen Armour March 12th, 2009 08:48 AM

needs to go in the c:\Windows\SysWOW64
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1026398)
For those who can't wait any longer:

http://miscdata.com/cineform/CFHD_CS4_importer.zip

It is the vanilla importer with no installer.
It contains:
CFHDDecoder.dll
CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm

The DLL must be installed in you execution path, if you don't know which directories are in this path, use c:\windows\system32. DO REMEMBER where you put it as it will need to be deleted before installing any official CS4 supporting installers, just in case. You have been warned.

The PRM file goes in
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore

Remove any our *CFHD*.prm file you might find.

Then start up PPro CS4.

This importer supports all the 32-bit float formats and a few other deep pixel formats, so it is a lot better than using the VfW codec many are currently using.

Doesn't the dll need to go in the c:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you're using XP 64bit? Only way it'd work for us. Plus, obviously there are no presets...

David Newman March 12th, 2009 09:05 AM

Stephen,

Cool, SysWOW64, use that. I didn't need to I my XP64, as system32 was in my path.

Presets have nothing to do with importers, that is for playback modules which is a while off.

David Newman March 12th, 2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brant Gajda (Post 1026499)
Great news! Do you have any time frame on when the final will be released?

When people test it, we will know when it might be ready for release.

David Newman March 12th, 2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik (Post 1026511)
Thanks. Sorry to ask such a stupid question but where do we stand with after effects? Obviously this is intended for Premiere but I'd love to get a few of these clips into AE also.

Is that already supported? I wouldn't think so but thought I'd ask.

Thanks again.

After Effects and Encore use the same component from the MediaCore path, so it should work fine. We have done zero testing in AE, so please give that a go.

Gary Greenwald March 12th, 2009 09:38 AM

the importer seems to work fine for me, as now i can play the timeline fine without any stuttering in premiere cs4 with my 5d mkII files, i take it this importer when working in the background is totally transparent, since now i just drop my .avi files directly into premiere and onto the timeline

David Newman March 12th, 2009 10:44 AM

Yes, the importer operation is basically invisible when it is working correctly. It will be significantly faster than using the VfW codec, as Premiere's draft and automatic playback modes ask for half resolution decodes, giving you smoother playback.

Mikael Bergstrom March 12th, 2009 04:45 PM

Hello David

Could you please tell me whatís the different between a full Prospect HD as I have now on my CS3 installation and this Ē importerĒ installation. Iím a Swedish guy so stand by me in this itís to hard to grasp this.

Thanks
Mikael

David Newman March 12th, 2009 04:51 PM

Importer = open CineForm files
Prospect HD = Real-ime pipeline, effects, transition, HDSDI capture and playback.

The importer is all we add to NEO to make it Premeire compatible, Prospect is all the extra stuff.

Guillaume Roques March 12th, 2009 05:19 PM

That's great news! Do we have to desinstall Neo Scene before installing manually the files you mention in your post?

Guillaume

David Newman March 12th, 2009 05:34 PM

Guillaume, Do nothing more than the instructions provided.

Mikael Bergstrom March 12th, 2009 05:46 PM

Thanks David, so if I capture through Prospect HD in Premiere CS3 3.2 and open up these files in Premiere CS 4 it will work, right?

Will it have Decklink support on the playout now, the HDMI or SDI out of those cards, I've been waiting long time now for this?

PS Just love to buy your CS4 4K Prospect HD now:-)

Best Regards
Mikael
Sweden

Brant Gajda March 12th, 2009 05:51 PM

For us Vista 64 users,should the file go in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common

Cause there is no path that you specified.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:24 AM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2018 The Digital Video Information Network