DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   New Premeire CS4 Beta importer. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/146494-new-premeire-cs4-beta-importer.html)

David Newman March 24th, 2009 10:45 AM

New Premeire CS4 Beta importer.

I posted this info yesterday in the existing thread, and no one commented. Need feedback see we can formally release these components.

See post : http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/1032351-post69.html

Jay Bloomfield March 24th, 2009 05:02 PM

Yay!

Not too much to say except, it works in both Premiere CS4 and now AE CS4 (!) Again, I'm running under Vista x64, so the DLL is installed in the SysWOW64 folder, not system32. Both MOV and AVI imports work. A small number of AVI files had a wowing effect in the audio, but I couldn't see what was different about those specific files. All files were captured or converted to CFHD with HDLink from NEO HD.

But, previewing is much slower than in CS3, almost unusable. That's an Adobe/Windows issue. Render the work area and it plays RT.

Matt Vanecek March 24th, 2009 06:33 PM

It "works". It's really slow and choppy. Rendering out a 4 minute clip seems to be taking a while--17 minutes or so. Not sure why I need to render, though, but we'll see how it plays after that. Thought the whole point of CF was to enable RT play with no rendering....

Adobe should know, you never rewrite a public API, especially from one release to the next. You always refactor, so you don't break applications. Stupid Adobe...

Anyhow, without rendering the CF AVI, the playback is real jumpy and stuttered, it seems. Still, it's better than playing an unrendered M2T with effects applied...

Andy Urtusuastegui March 24th, 2009 10:38 PM

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Good: The playback is smoother and uses less CPU than before. Thanks.

Bad: Memory leak is still there. Before I would use up my 4gb in abot 1 min 15sec. Now it takes about 2:15 seconds before all memory use up and machine becomes unresponsive.

Ugly: I tried on of my Cineform clips I made last year with CS3 with the Cineform movie export feature. The clip had slow motion in it. When playing this clip, the sound playback was bad. It sounded like a record skipping. These same clips play fine in CS3 with NeoHD build 193.

Vista x64 SP1, 4GB Ram
CFHDDecoder.dll file vers 2.2.0.25 Product ver 3.4.8.192
CFHD_AVI_Importe.prm 241,664 bytes

I will submit another bug report

Charles W. Hull March 24th, 2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1032664)
I posted this info yesterday in the existing thread, and no one commented. Need feedback see we can formally release these components.
[/url]

Does not play Cineform files smoothly with CS4, whereas the first beta did play smoothly. I have reinstalled the first beta.

XP, Q6600, 4GB

David Newman March 24th, 2009 10:48 PM

Andy,
No duplicate posts please. (MOD: copy in other thread removed)

Charles,
speed hase not changed for the worse, as Andy reports it might be a tad faster, it certainly it fixes bugs that will not be unfixed, so going backwards will not help you or us with this beta testing. Set the playback mode to auotmatic or draft.

Charles W. Hull March 25th, 2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1033074)
Andy,
No duplicate posts please. (MOD: copy in other thread removed)

Charles,
speed hase not changed for the worse, as Andy reports it might be a tad faster, it certainly it fixes bugs that will not be unfixed, so going backwards will not help you or us with this beta testing. Set the playback mode to auotmatic or draft.

David, here was my test. I am doing some re-editing of a long video so I brought one of the MOV clips into a new sequence in CS4 after I had installed the new beta, trimmed and edited and rendered the clip, and exported it with the Cineform HD Codec. When I brought this clip back into the video sequence it would not play smoothly. I re-installed the original beta and repeated these steps and the clip played smoothly. In each case the playback mode was automatic.

I can repeat this test this evening, or perhaps some other test you suggest, but request you take another look at whether the playback speed has decreased a little.

David Newman March 25th, 2009 11:26 AM

Why are using Premiere to convert your source? Convert in HDLink and use the same source in both. Anyway, the importer is design from full compatibility, we can't go back on that, it Premiere is that is slow, we will be fixing that with our Real-Time playback engine when it is moved from CS3.

Charles W. Hull March 25th, 2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1033349)
Why are using Premiere to convert your source? Convert in HDLink and use the same source in both. Anyway, the importer is design from full compatibility, we can't go back on that, it Premiere is that is slow, we will be fixing that with our Real-Time playback engine when it is moved from CS3.

I'm using the Mercalli plug-in and it doesn't work with trimmed clips in CS4, so I use CS4 for trimming and then export the clips and import them into the video sequence. I'll try HDLink on some raw MOV clips and check how well they play.

Sure, I'll move to the real-time engine when it's ready - just reporting what I see.

Charles W. Hull March 25th, 2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles W. Hull (Post 1033427)
I'll try HDLink on some raw MOV clips and check how well they play.

I converted four clips with HD Link and loaded them to a CS4 time line to compare the new beta to the older beta. All of the clips played smoothly with both beta versions.

Gary Greenwald March 25th, 2009 08:59 PM

for now i can see all of my clips, they dont just stop with black suddenly on the timeline. its nice to know april might bring a rt player to premiere, i just got a vertex 120gb ssd to put as my premiere cache drive as of tonight, so with these preview files i look forward to see the difference from the previous velociraptor dedicated to premiere cache and cineform preview files