Problem converting HMC AVCHD with HDLINK at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 27th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #1
Major Player

Problem converting HMC AVCHD with HDLINK

I am trying to convert some AVCHD files with HDLINK and I am having no luck, It says converting but it doesn't do anything else, It just stays at converting.

I tried it on my laptop and same thing.

Vista 64 on both computers
AVCore installed
Mediasplitter installed
ffdshow installed

I can play the raw avchd files in windows media player with sound also.

any help would be appreciated.
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:12 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Some machine just don't work (ffdshow is normally not a good idea), so using Core AVC and other tools will still clash with third party tools (like Nero 5,6,7.) We solved this is Neo Scene and that tech will be in NEO HD/4K and Prospect HD/4K in version 4, out is a few weeks.
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #3
Major Player

David,

ffdshow came with sorenson squeeze. I do have prospect with CS3 currently running, do you think I should uninstall the ffdshow? I can convert HDV files fine its just the AVCHD files that will not.

What do you suggest?
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It is tricky, if is not working on your first try, likely best to get Neo Scene or upgrade to Prospect HD when that adds AVCHD support (in a few weeks or less.) Remember Aspect HD didn't ship AVCHD support, and it is the retro fit that is not working. In Neo Scene and vs NHD/PHD we native support AVCHD, as well as HDV sources.
Old March 27th, 2009, 09:20 PM   #5
Major Player

I do have Prospect HD v3. Are you saying that the New V4 will have AVCHD support, and it will be released in a few weeks?

Thank you for the quick responses.

Steve
Old March 27th, 2009, 10:01 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, v4 of all our PC tools will include AVCHD decoders and demuxing tools for much easier support of AVCHD.
Old March 27th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #7
Major Player

Ok thank you.
Old March 27th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #8
Trustee

I'm using ProspectHD v.3, Adobe CS3, WinXP, and have the Haali Media Splitter installed.
HD Link will pull Sony AVCHD right off of the Duo cards & convert to 1920 CFHD with no problem at all. As far as I know, I have no other media tools or special software installed that relates to AVCHD.
There have been some pretty detailed discussions here about 6 months ago re AVCHD/CF/HDLink.
It might help to do a search & read the old threads.
Old April 1st, 2009, 12:08 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Ah, maybe this is my problem too.

I was doing fine with aspect hd converting my hg10 m2ts until I upgraded to prospect HD. Now it crashes immediately after pressing start. Have coreavc pro and haali latest installed.
Have a ticket open (611-7512103) ;suggested unistall and reinstall didn't change anything.

Why would aspect work but not prospect? anyway if that's a known issue to be solved soon, I can wait.
Jack Laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:02 AM   #10
Regular Crew

I had to revert to an older install of Prospect HD that I had and install Premiere CS3 and it worked. I am using version ProspectHDv346b188-081203. I also have CoreAVC pro installed. I had submitted a ticket but they could not figure it out - the newest Prospect HD, CoreAVC and CS4 would not work no matter what I did - all on Vista 64.
Tom Santopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:23 AM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Santopolo View Post
I had to revert to an older install of Prospect HD that I had and install Premiere CS3 and it worked. I am using version ProspectHDv346b188-081203. I also have CoreAVC pro installed. I had submitted a ticket but they could not figure it out - the newest Prospect HD, CoreAVC and CS4 would not work no matter what I did - all on Vista 64.
Thanks Tom I will try that. But hopefully like David said, the CS4 version will fix this issue with Vista 64, if it gets released soon. Im starting to get discouraged and think CS4 compatibility is just a myth.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:30 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Thanks Tom,
I went back to the same version you mentioned and it works now. (I'm using cs3).
Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:42 PM   #13
Trustee

I'm presently editing a four camera shoot that was shot by another firm, and the key camera was the AVCHD. I have the same issue, sorenson squeeze's ffmpeg and nero 7 on the same machine. I had to convert MTS with Nero to HDV, then run it through HDLink.

Personally I will never shoot ACVHD, but know I will encounter it via future jobs, so v4 will be a welcomed tool for me.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 05:13 PM   #14
Regular Crew

weird.
after 'downgrading' and getting prospecthd to work, the resulting int avi's are ridiculously like 2sec) out of audio sync? (the m2ts plays fine). any thoughts. keep audio pitch is not checked. no rate changes , no size/resolution changes.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 08:04 AM   #15
Trustee

Could be buffer issue. A quick way to know for sure would be to load the clip and then render a very brief, ten second section, to a compressed format (wmv, etc) and see if the sync is present.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase